Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What is going on in Copenhagen?

Denmark's parliament recently passed controversial laws giving police powers of pre-emptive arrest of anyone they believe is likely to break the law.

According to a source close to the Danish government, those people who were "pre-emptively detained" will be held for up to four hours. Those arrested will be brought before a judge within 24 hours...

...Simon Sheikh, of the Australian social and political network "Get Up", said he had witnessed the detentions from his apartment in the centre of the city.

"The police rounded up protesters in a pre-planned manoeuvre," he told the BBC.

"It was unprovoked. They rounded up a group, including women and children, and pushed them into a store, before splitting them into groups and handcuffing them."

Aerial view of 300-400 climate change protesters arrested, lined in rows on pavement

49053376.jpg

Copenhagen would be a good place for a permanent protest for climate awareness, there's not much point allowing politicians to dictate the agenda, better that climate protesters screw in hard at the city that has become a media focus

_46909390_copenhagenarrestsap466.jpg

The (police) force said the large number of arrests had "produced a huge amount of pressure" on officers responsible for transporting, receiving and registering detainees.

Oh dear, my heart goes out to the Danish bacon.

How does preemptive arrest fit in with the ECHR?

let's hope, eh.

but they're thick as pigshit, hippies.

Now here i agree with you WTF watch film read and see images no fucking resistance, time to re think how we take on our masters. There will be no lessons learned the hippies will bleat like the sheep they are and not act with the same force used against them..

How does preemptive arrest fit in with the ECHR?

Doesn't really matter does it? If they only want to use it for this conference. It takes years for anything to get done via the ECHR.

Are all the people in that picture 'detained' then? Because I see maybe a dozen coppers and something like a hundred humans. Precisely what the fuck are they doing sitting there quietly and behaving themselves?

If they only want to use it for this conference. It takes years for anything to get done via the ECHR.

This.

Which the UK government has found with the Terrorism Act 2000 - they've had 8-9 years to use it, and one section may or may not get overturned this month.

E2A: that's Section 44, which is being used to stop photographers... even the Mail is upset...

This picture is disgusting

It is disgusting and not a little sinister, the way they have been
literally put in line, but why oh why don't they just get up and
fucking rush the police? Not sure what is more frightening to be
honest, the actions of the police or the submissiveness of the demonstrators.

I think their hands are tied behind their backs. Bit difficult to rush anything when you're in that position.

There are also half a dozen police vans (with coppers) blocking the road on either side of them, which you can see from the pics on indymedia.

Back
Top Bottom