Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What coffee are you drinking just now?

Asda Instant.
Boat floating?

I have been drinking a mate's coffee. He gets so mad. No but seriously, it's this one. Called Grounded but you can't have everything, apparently. I have heard people talking about notes of this and that when they taste wine and coffee but until I had some of this I'd never understood what they were on about. I've had more and not tasted it again, so go figure.

Boat floating?

I have been drinking a mate's coffee. He gets so mad. No but seriously, it's this one. Called Grounded but you can't have everything, apparently. I have heard people talking about notes of this and that when they taste wine and coffee but until I had some of this I'd never understood what they were on about. I've had more and not tasted it again, so go figure.
I like instant better than proper coffee, to be fair, although I daresay that'll get me flogged for heresy. ;)

Bloody hell, you have to do your own brewing?! Sod all that faff, instant it is!!!
You're afraid to try it.
I have never tasted coffee to compare to my home-brew - not that I have seriously tried.
It takes me one minute to hand-grind 20g of beans while I'm staring at a PC screen.
The coffee brews in my Aeropress while the bread is toasting and being spread.
76p for coffee of a quality I could not remotely match anywhere near me brewed by someone else.
I would literally have to visit my coffee supplier in town.

I confess my hand grinder and Aeropress cost £50 ten years ago and the prices have significantly increased since.

i just ordered 500g each of a natural rwanda and a natural nicaragua from black cat coffee.

currently drinking some very good natural ugandan beans from hasbean subscription.

i have a shelf full of coffee but always find room for more.

according to this, it’s actually a highly efficient industrial process. so maybe not as much as i assumed.

still, it tastes shit. :)

So it's extracted at high concentration ? (too lazy to read)
But you're still making it twice
And yes it does inevitably taste shit.

pretty much, it seems they make super strong coffee then spray dry it.

i’d be more bothered about the exploitative nature of the coffee trade though. speciality coffee is much more likely to be fair(er) to the producers. a lot of importers of fancy coffee are involved in projects to help growers and their communities in different ways. which is part of the reason we are paying more for it.

Bought a 1kg of this - goes nicely as an espresso or Japanese Cold Press.

Back
Top Bottom