Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What are you panic buying?

Today I panic bought two pairs of jeans because two existing pairs chose this time to wear out.

And they wore out spectacularly, one developing shredded areas that look cool for a teenager but aren't cool for a 56 year old executive on a dress down day, and the other pair developing a split in the crotch area which could definitely look dodgy ..

So a trip to the outfitters, which was tricky because I wasn't allowed to try them on, so after returning to base to find they were too big I had to return to get the right size. All done now much to my satisfaction.

I have to go to the shop tomorrow to get cat food and something for tea and the week’s breakfasts. I am dreading that either there will be nothing in, it’ll be total chaos and everyone will be judging that what I’ve got in my basket is excessive. 🤦🏻‍♀️

I don't understand why people are panic buying at the supermarkets. They aren't closing. Where's the logic?

I do need to get a scarf and hat for winter so will go around the charity shops in a bit, as they will definitely be closed.
I don't get it either. I would expect malls and department stores to be rammed today because it could be the last weekend day of shopping before Christmas but supermarkets being packed doesn't make sense. Apart from the run on baking goods there weren't actually any shortages.

I don't understand why people are panic buying at the supermarkets. They aren't closing. Where's the logic?

I do need to get a scarf and hat for winter so will go around the charity shops in a bit, as they will definitely be closed.
If I am slightly :hmm: empathic with people...

Some people are thinking they should do ONE shop then hunker down :hmm:

Part of me thinks this is okay. The issue is the only people that can do this have the funds to pay for a big shop and a big enough house to store it in. A lot of people don't have those at their disposal.

might print out some "you are a wanker" sign at work

and place them on bin in 2 weeks at are full of gone off food as pass

ah i'm kidding but you know plenty of people are being twats, this weekend

When the restrictions don't bloody start to thursday

as waffling tory twat said yesterday

and also we already had week or 2 of shortages last time because of hording assholes

If I am slightly :hmm: empathic with people...

Some people are thinking they should do ONE shop then hunker down :hmm:

Part of me thinks this is okay. The issue is the only people that can do this have the funds to pay for a big shop and a big enough house to store it in. A lot of people don't have those at their disposal.
To be fair, we sort of did the same in Turkey at first, but there people don't trust the government at all (The first weekend curfew was called with two hours notice, which caused predictable chaos at every shop.)

I suppose if you have a car and a big freezer, shopping for a month isn't a bad idea. I have a bike and a tiny section of an already small freezer. I am planning to do plenty of "cupboard cooking", using up stuff I already have. Cue lots of lentil and chickpea curries :facepalm:

hmm venture out as need a new set of runners before the shop shut

people have been panic buying fresh food and milk

but boggy roll is not going to be the currency of this local down it appears

:hmm:

Only slightly busier than normal tbh. Plently of everything on the shelves however there was some poor elderly woman passed out at the entrance. She looked in a really bad way.

Every time I go out I seem to see something really sad lately, last night a woman on a wheel chair picking up cigarette butts from the pavement :(

I need to stay home more often, yay lockdown.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom