Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What are you panic buying?

I can't panic buy anything good because I need to defrost my freezer :(
I do too - not opened the door to it for months so it's probably a giant ice cube. :hmm:

Are we now onto loo-roll shaming people who have IBD or other digestive issues?
Or hay fever and general snottiness. Tissues work out quite pricey if you have a runny nose, so loo roll is cheaper.

farmerbarleymow said:
I do too - not opened the door to it for months so it's probably a giant ice cube. :hmm:

I've chipped off a bit of the ice already but mine's nearly at the stage of ice bulging out so the door doesn't shut :(

We reached this point back in late May or so, and everywhere around the freezer door was getting horrendous, the bulging out ice thing was something to see! :oops:.

But I can guarentee that the effort involved in defrosting was not THAT daunting -- main thing was to spread old towels etc in front of the open freezer door, to prevent the kitchen floor being flooded!.

And the fridge and freezer were both so much better and cleaner afterwards** </Suburban75 :D >

(**The fact that this ancient fridge packed up in July and we had to buy a new one, has no connection .... I think!! :eek: )

My freezer needs defrosting too, the issue here isn't the defrosting itself (I've been doing it for decades), it is the emptying of the freezer back to the point where it is empty in order to do the defrost - that just doesn't feel like a great idea right now. Especially when last time I went into Iceland big packs of quorn mince were reduced from £3 to £2, and I plan to go later and buy 5 bags while it is on offer!

Was working in town today. Good news was that we got loads of pre-lockdown donations in the charity shop :)

Massive queues outside Waitrose when I walked past.

Stopped in Asda for a small wine on the walk home and the shelves were decimated :( chatted to the manager who said people were loading trolleys of pasta, tins, toilet rolls and alcohol. They said the shop will run out of some lines as early as midday tomorrow. Also said that a lot of staff were treated very badly by customers :(

Surely the thing to panic buy would be non essential Christmas stuff, clothes, presents etc. There's more confidence about supermarkets because it pretty much held together last time but I reckon there'll be riots in John Lewis for the next four days.

Back
Top Bottom