Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What are you panic buying?

Went to Lidl for a restock. Well organised outside queuing with security watching the queue and on the door.

Very well stocked throughout. Pasta choices a bit limited (I did not need any) and no Spinach (got Cabbage instead) but otherwise plenty of stuff.

Only issue with Lidl is how the store is laid out. Meant people doubling back and around aisles and some not distancing at all :rollseyes:

Wandered down to Morrisons to do a weekly shop - queue was absolutely fucking massive and I said "fuck that I'm not spending my Saturday afternoon queuing outside of a fucking supermarket" and went home, leaving Nate in the much shorter queue outside of Iceland on the way back.

I hate leaving him to go shopping, I predict we'll be having custard creams and pot noodle for dinner!

Wandered down to Morrisons to do a weekly shop - queue was absolutely fucking massive and I said "fuck that I'm not spending my Saturday afternoon queuing outside of a fucking supermarket" and went home, leaving Nate in the much shorter queue outside of Iceland on the way back.

I hate leaving him to go shopping, I predict we'll be having custard creams and pot noodle for dinner!

I take it back, he did really well - we'll be having creamy mushroom pasta tonight and seafood linguine tomorrow with some seafood left over for future meals - nicely done

My local Tesco was a cool and spacious joy this morning at 7.30 - first visit for weeks.
Bonus Brussels sprouts, but no flour of any kind, so I will have to visit Aldi later in the week.
I wonder if there's a slightly cynical intent to force people into buying ready-made bread and cake :hmm:

Darn - forgot mushrooms :(

hey! don't knock it till you've tried it

Hard work today. Planned three trips, Lidl, Asda, Aldi. Got to Lidl early but no flour or eggs already. Filled the basket with veg, checked out and realised I didn't have my wallet on me. So had to walk another round trip to Lidl. Think I've done just over six miles in total. Nearly three and a half hours, most of it carrying stuff. Knackered.

Everywhere except Lidl has queueing outside with a one out one in rule. The main obstacles to two metres distance are the staff. The shelf stackers are tired and don't give a fuck so not making space which I can sort of understand but in Asda a fucking manager walked the length of the tills between people queueing at two metres distance ensuring he was within two metres of all of them :facepalm:

Went to Marks earlier - very few people in thankfully, but fully stocked again except the food to go stuff for obvious reasons. Picked up some bread, a dozen eggs, two butternut squashes and three pizzas.

I seem to have panic-bought 9 6’ fence panels, 10 fence posts and fence footing spikes, and associated fittings.

(Ok actually ordered back in Feb when Ciara did for my elderly fence. Was supposed to come along with some burly folk to put it all up. Imagine my surprise when I got a voicemail saying “we’ve left your fence at the front of your house” (contactless delivery you see). Still, at least I’ve now got a project...)

Apparently people might be panic buying dogs. :hmm:
A dog is not just for Quarantine!

It could just be for dinner.

dqrbJ1P.jpg

Back
Top Bottom