Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What are you panic buying?

Ta for this. I always used to shop at the Co-op but last time I looked they don't do home deliveries. Neither did Morrisons but apparently they do now :thumbs: . Have always tried to avoid shopping at Tesco, so welcome development. Well it would be but they haven't got any delivery slots. I'm sure deliveries will settle down soon but in meantime I'll try around midnight, particularly Saturday/Sunday, to see when they come free.

Went to Tesco this morning, having given up with the local co-op which seems unable to restock.

Arrived at 10am, filter lanes to enter the store, nobody in the lanes, store quite empty (relatively) of people. Pleasantly surprised to see...food on shelves. But not all food. Still no pasta, just one brand of expensive pasta. So I bought a packet of that. Alcohol was really low though. This is the only thing the co-op can beat Tesco on right now.

Came out, filter lanes full of queuing shoppers. I counted fifty at least. Nice timing on my part.

Went to Tesco this morning, having given up with the local co-op which seems unable to restock.

Arrived at 10am, filter lanes to enter the store, nobody in the lanes, store quite empty (relatively) of people. Pleasantly surprised to see...food on shelves. But not all food. Still no pasta, just one brand of expensive pasta. So I bought a packet of that. Alcohol was really low though. This is the only thing the co-op can beat Tesco on right now.

Came out, filter lanes full of queuing shoppers. I counted fifty at least. Nice timing on my part.
I just went to Carmarthen Tesco this afternoon, first big shopping place I've been to for over three weeks. Much as you describe - the queue looked a bit long, but we were only there for 5-10 mins and then inside.

Which was full of people in various combinations of surgical gloves (moi and a few others), facemasks, and a few people improvising with scarves and jerseys, in the hope that Bash Street Kids might be immune...
smiffy.jpg
And nobody was making eye contact or smiling or anything. Well, I was, but maybe people feared that this virus can be transmitted by looking at each other.

All the flour was gone, but I got pretty much everything else I needed.

I hit the big Tesco for the first time in weeks, they had filter lanes taking you half way up the car-park, back again, then back up, before getting into the fourth lane & the queue - it took longer to get to the start of the fucking queue then it did from that point & into the store. :facepalm:

I was joking away with passing people, up & down these 4 lanes, that they had combined our shopping trip with our exercise for the day.

I was happy to chat to complete strangers, cracking a few jokes, and making people smile. :thumbs:

Only took about 10-12 minutes, in total, to get into the store, plenty of everything including bog rolls & pasta.

The only thing that pissed me off, was being told off by a member of staff, because I had just one foot over the line at the queue for the cashier, when ironically they came within two fucking feet of me to do that, I just laughed & told her politely to back away & respect the social distancing rules.

Exactly the same 'great timing' thing for me at Sainsbury's today.
When going in, there was a 5 in, 5 out policy, which worked well and quickly :) -- and the queue was only about ten long too :)
When I left, the queue had quadrupled at least .... :eek:
This was coming up to 1 pm.

#dailyapocalypsewalk

Got a few essentials from Asda which was well stocked and with limited number of people allowed in it was mostly fine.
Only pain in the arse were the staff who were not distancing at all and chatting in groups big enough to block aisles :facepalm:
Step daughter works at Aldi and has had the opposite problem. Where staff have been out in the aisles, they've had customers coming right up to them, even people tapping them on the shoulder from behind.

As Badgers has already mentioned somewhere, Morrisons are coming out of this looking good what with employing lots of staff, giving loads
to food banks and coming up with the food parcels; ours arrives tomorrow.
It's arrived....................
Our Morrison's veggie food parcel just arrived, a heavy well packed box; cheese, butter, milk, pasta, toilet roll and....
View attachment 204334

Popped out for the #dailyapocalypsewalk and went to my local shop.

They were low on stock but was only 'panic buying' tobacco, papers and daywine :oops:

One thing they did have was a new bakery area. Apparently the baker in town has had little to no footfall since this nonsense started, so they have started delivering to all the local shops/garages twice daily. Nice range of french sticks, rolls, loaves and cakes :cool: Was tempted by jam cream doughnuts but just got a pack of white baps :)

Popped out for the #dailyapocalypsewalk and went to my local shop.

They were low on stock but was only 'panic buying' tobacco, papers and daywine :oops:

One thing they did have was a new bakery area. Apparently the baker in town has had little to no footfall since this nonsense started, so they have started delivering to all the local shops/garages twice daily. Nice range of french sticks, rolls, loaves and cakes :cool: Was tempted by jam cream doughnuts but just got a pack of white baps :)
Daywine..? :hmm:

I hadn't been consciously panic-buying paracetamol, but on reflection, I have, for the last couple of months, been picking up a pack of the cheap ones when I see them. Plus a couple of packs I genuinely "panic bought" a week or so before lockdown.

On reviewing my random-storage-of-stuff basket in the bathroom, I discover that I've got about 6 packs of 8.

And my typical paracetamol use (toothache, antipyretic, and really bad headaches included) is probably about 8 in any given year...

I hadn't been consciously panic-buying paracetamol, but on reflection, I have, for the last couple of months, been picking up a pack of the cheap ones when I see them. Plus a couple of packs I genuinely "panic bought" a week or so before lockdown.

On reviewing my random-storage-of-stuff basket in the bathroom, I discover that I've got about 6 packs of 8.

And my typical paracetamol use (toothache, antipyretic, and really bad headaches included) is probably about 8 in any given year...
The last place you would want to end up now I guess is a dentist, thats if any are still working.

The last place you would want to end up now I guess is a dentist, thats if any are still working.
This is something on my mind as I have a niggling bastard (that I should have dealt with a long time ago) :mad:
Usually I would just ignore and chuck painkillers down my neck.

Have seen some dentists are setting up online video 'appointments' to gauge what needs emergency treatment then plan from there.

I've let my NHS registration lapse, anyway. I guess it's probably down to mole grips and whisky, now.
This is something on my mind as I have a niggling bastard (that I should have dealt with a long time ago) :mad:
Usually I would just ignore and chuck painkillers down my neck.

Have seen some dentists are setting up online video 'appointments' to gauge what needs emergency treatment then plan from there.

Self extraction with mole grips and whiskey while video conferencing :D

And yes, exactly. This is probably one of the things not many have thought of. Yet.

PS just checked you tube. There are many examples of self extraction :eek:

Back
Top Bottom