Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What are you having for breakfast?

Wholemeal toast with butter, Tartex and cucumber. Bloody love Tartex but always forget it exists until I go to the health food shop. Everyone else in my house passionately hates it which increases its value to me.
Never even heard of Tartex! Looks like it's ultra processed though, which gets a big thumbs down from me.

Oh yeah, I don't doubt it is! But then so are wholemeal bread and oat milk. I think it's ok as long as you're not mainlining shite. But that's me :)
Aye, there are differing levels of processing. I make my own bread and now have cow milk, so I just try to cut it out as much as poss. I have cordial every day, that's a UPF too. There's pretty much no way to completely avoid it.

Aye, there are differing levels of processing. I make my own bread and now have cow milk, so I just try to cut it out as much as poss. I have cordial every day, that's a UPF too. There's pretty much no way to completely avoid it.

Yeah exactly - iirc the WHO said it was wrong to assume all ultra processed foods are bad, we just shouldn't be eating quite so many of them :D I think in the US in particular a lot of people never eat anything fresh. I suspect they have enormous food deserts there, and obviously it's an issue of income everywhere, too.

Back
Top Bottom