Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Are packet noodles a snack or a meal?

Are packet noodles a snack or a meal?

• Total voters
I usually have them a couple of times a week for (evening) dinner, with some veggies and an egg thrown in. That's after having my main, more substantial meal at lunch at work.

Love them, but was disappointed to hear recently that they might be quite unhealthy (I had always thought of them as a reasonably healthy fast food).
packed with e-numbers: colourings, preservatives etc and salt, I imagine

• Love
Reactions: Sue
You can buy various stuff to buff your noodles in the same aisle most shops, pickles and dodgy looking MRM sausage.

I used to treat them as a side. Don't use them anymore as trying to avoid palm oil, though.

I don’t think they’re at all healthy - because let’s face it anything unpacked from a plastic wrapper like that can’t ever be healthy - but I suppose adding the veg, egg etc so make it a meal, though an unhealthy one

I had a spell of eating Korean Ramen, but these days I try to tick nutrition boxes.
The calories may be for comfort, but I make sure there are plenty of nutrients attached - I don't even routinely include bread, grain or potatoes in my meals.

Lunch today was half a jar of Polish cabbage and carrot salad, sprinkled with milled flaxseed, with tahini.
Also some hummus and a few pakoras more as seasoning than calories...

Even veg and fruit tend to come out of plastic packaging these days
Another good thing about lifestyle here is buy small amounts fresh most days and often it's been grown by a neighbour. Lucky with the working from home so can pop out or hit morning markets on the way back from school run. Same with fresh noodles, can buy just enough for a meal, though often get extra as they freeze well as standbys.

Back
Top Bottom