Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What are you having for breakfast?

I think this thread needs more pics. The FEB one gets loads, but this one barley any.

I don't eat eggs, but I could totally get down with beans and a flatbread for breakfast.

I think this thread needs more pics. The FEB one gets loads, but this one barley any.

I don't eat eggs, but I could totally get down with beans and a flatbread for breakfast.
A bandmate of mine made it for me after I'd stopped over there. He's well into his Latin music, and spent a lot of time in Mexico, where this was the staple. I really enjoyed it as something different from the usually somewhat carbohydrate-heavy English type breakfast, and I think I am going to try to make a bit more of a habit of it. It also used up some tomatoes which, despite beginning to go a bit soft, had somehow completely failed to properly ripen and get any flavour at all, so losing them amid red peppers and chilli at least avoided wasting them.

Apparently, authentic h******s rancheros has avocado on it, so you could probably safely lose the eggs in any case. And it was supposed to have cheese, but I forgot. Just as well, probably, as it was more than plenty as it was. I might go for a wholemeal tortilla next time....

And probably less chilli. It was a bit spicy for a breakfast :D

No such thing as to much chilli. I do make big batches of beans sometimes in the pressure cooker, so it wouldn't actually be to huge a leap. I just wish it was easier to find proper tortillas in the UK made from corn rather then wheat. Even the ones that are sold as corn are mostly wheat. Although I've never been to Central America so I've no idea how authentic some of the stuff I cook is.

My staple is noodles in the morning, often with some beans. It's pretty bland looking, but I'll do a pic tomorrow. :D

I'm taking my daughter back to Uni so I'm hoping to find a good Liverpool breakfast scran in the morning :cool:

Probably head to Tabac or may even go posh and stop off in New Brighton for a Wirral Victorian tea house special with fried bread.

Enfed up doing Fathers day with old man (which is nuts coz really isn't a thing) but he was going to end up for various reason end up having lunch on his own in a pub so said I would.... So he books it for 12.15 which is fucking breakfast, but being England breakfast wasn't a option in the well to do place we went (fuck I miss Scotland) So had steak sandwich and chips for breakfast followed by summer pudding and clotted cream

Last edited:
I might have time for another one I think. :hmm:
502db5f957260c670dd0368029d82923.gif

:D

Back
Top Bottom