Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

We're fucking doomed. Or are we?

Are we fucking doomed?

• Yes, global war and apocalypse are just round the corner, start stockpiling baked beans now.

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • No, it'll blow over like all the other times, get back to Facebook and your hipster coffee.

Votes: 34 59.6%

• Total voters
I did read the new yorker article mentioned in the above, was slightly disconcerted to be reading about old nuclear missile silos being converted into apoca-flats at loony tunes money to buy.

Sort of want to live in one anyway, apocalypse or not.

I relish the possibility that the ultra rich may end up in some sealed off bunker eating their own faeces, fearing their own guards outside due to some apocalyptic event of their own making.
You don’t even need to pretend to be a theist for that particular outcome to be possible.

I watched an anti-Trump protest on the news the other day. The White House was practically surrounded. If all those people threw themselves at that target, I doubt if security could come anywhere near killing all of them. They may find that there's really nowhere to hide, except letting a little more of the gravy fall off their table to the rest of us.

The problem with doing that though, as satisfying as it might be, is that Trump is merely a representative of the system. Offing him won’t make it go away.

I relish the possibility that the ultra rich may end up in some sealed off bunker eating their own faeces, fearing their own guards outside due to some apocalyptic event of their own making.
You don’t even need to pretend to be a theist for that particular outcome to be possible.

This was basically the end of Joseph Heller's novel Closing Time.

I watched an anti-Trump protest on the news the other day. The White House was practically surrounded. If all those people threw themselves at that target, I doubt if security could come anywhere near killing all of them. They may find that there's really nowhere to hide, except letting a little more of the gravy fall off their table to the rest of us.

Bunkers, underground trains, helicopter pads... Pretty sure they have missle launchers on the roof too (or at least they did in The West Wing)

All intelligent analysis leads to one conclusion.... fuck knows! I hope not.(thread question)

Chomsky said:
In this possibly terminal phase of human existence, democracy and freedom are more than just ideals to be valued - they may be essential to survival.

Last edited:
Bunkers, underground trains, helicopter pads... Pretty sure they have missle launchers on the roof too (or at least they did in The West Wing)

Yes, I'm aware. I still doubt you could kill them all before they got over the fence. At that point they're going hand to hand with your own security. You might get a few out by helicopter or underground train (there is one), but you have to wonder if the one's who will be abandoned will take it kindly. It wouldn't be the first head of state who was executed by their own guard.

These shelters that are communities and have got theaters, restaurants, spa's and other such stuff, who works in these facilities? do the locals come in every day from their radioactive shacks to work?

Back
Top Bottom