Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Weds 1st April: G20 protests - discussion, reaction and chat

Guardian twitter feed is saying that riot police went into the RBS building and chased the protestors out...

plus taking a sickie is a bit risky....pics being relayed round the world....the law of the sod dictates your boss would switch on the minute you came into view
just say you got hemmed in on your way to the docs :D ;)

That's just a normal branch of RBS... there goes any fucking credibility to those protestors... :(

When did 'Class War' have any credibility?! They'd hate me automatically for having the wrong accent.

Most of the people watching are not linked to 'class war' - they are bystanding protestors watching the spectacle.

Riot police were holding back - now moved in to cordon off the bank. Most people moving on peacefully.

Just been for a wander, I'll get some photos up soon.

Quite lively down Threadneedle Street, looks like it will kick off down there. Saw three vanloads of OB getting kitted out in riot gear as I walked up towards Bishopsgate, which has more of a carnival atmosphere. Very quiet elsewhere, business as usual really apart from more people in casual clothes.

Saw a copper being treated for a head injury on the corner of Fenchurch Street and Gracechurch Street. South Wales police in attendance.

On trading floor in Canary Wharf - traders glued to tv screens watching protests. Lots of laughter - but sympathetic to protestors.
Banker Gerald Harrison: 'Let them protest. Just leave me in peace to have my lunch and do an afternoon's work'
:hmm:

That's just a normal branch of RBS... there goes any fucking credibility to those protestors... :(

that particular group are ruining it tbh...

Smashing the windows of a bank and removing computer equipment from the desks - will be interesting to see what the police do in response to that - some nobber has written "Class War" on the wall too - if they get a kicking from the riot squad then I'm not going to lose any sleep over it as they are basically helping to ruin the protests for everyone else

BBC just interviewed a couple of people outside RBS at the front of the line. No one managed to explain their POV very well - shame.

Just been for a wander, I'll get some photos up soon.

Quite lively down Threadneedle Street, looks like it will kick off down there. Saw three vanloads of OB getting kitted out in riot gear as I walked up towards Bishopsgate, which has more of a carnival atmosphere. Very quiet elsewhere, business as usual really apart from more people in casual clothes.

Saw a copper being treated for a head injury on the corner of Fenchurch Street and Gracechurch Street. South Wales police in attendance.

Bishopsgate, that's the Climate Camp right?

BBC just interviewed a couple of people outside RBS at the front of the line. No one managed to explain their POV very well - shame.

Yes, I saw that - although the second guy asked the reporter a good question when they were talking about the freedom to protest, and that never got answered...

I think the issue here is that pertty much everyone has brought to this thread what they wanted to bring and not paid any attention to facts that don't fit their mindset.

No one told them that the corporate headquarters of RBS is on St Andrews Square in Edinburgh..??

thats just their flagship branch, no HQ by any means

maybe they've not got this wrong:

Royal & Sun Alliance let refurbished 62/63 Threadneedle Street in City of London
Royal & Sun Alliance, through asset managers F&C Property Asset Management, instructed us on the first letting of their refurbished 62/63 Threadneedle Street office building in the City of London. The recruitment company has taken 4,000 square feet on the 7th floor on a 10 year Lease with a 5 year break at £65 square foot. DMH Stallard acted for the tenant. The building is the city headquarters of Royal Bank of Scotland.

http://www.maplesteesdale.co.uk/news_deals_comprop.html#RSA

apparnetly those working there were sent to another RBS building this morning.

It can be quite hard to do when you're not used to being interviewed on camera and things are getting a bit exciting. Not to mention the fact that they tend to do their best to find people who don't know what they're on about.

It can be quite hard to do when you're not used to being interviewed on camera and things are getting a bit exciting. Not to mention the fact that they tend to do their best to find people who don't know what they're on about.

Yeah I thought that, they all seemed quite het up so it's probably hard to concentrate on a good explanation. They just started to talk to someone quite interesting but he got interrupted by it kicking off.

wtf. commentator on BBC news saying the police 'haven't raised their batons yet' whilst clearly on screen, protestors are getting hit...

Back
Top Bottom