Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Weds 1st April: G20 protests - discussion, reaction and chat

Its an office. In the City of London. Doesn't make it that important.

Surely its just the fact that its the RBS that matters. Even if you took out there main office they'd still be open buisness as usual tomorrow somwhere else. All corporations have disaster recovery plans, fire etc.

I don't understand the point of walking out with a computer. You'd never be able to get it home. If I were of a mind to loot the building I'd have thought setting fire to it would make more sense.

its making a statement really, propaganda. its ours and we're taking it back. something like that.

what are the main aims of these protests anyway..climate change, what else....

what is this climate change anyway....sounds interesting

Some of the right wingers on the DM website are supporting the protests albeit for very different reasons. In fact, you could be forgiven for thinking that there is a large divide in differences of opinon. Although I only looked at the first 20 comments or so.

TBF, any protestors outside the Bank of England who are penned in and complaining are fucking stupid. They know the OB's tactics of penning in protests yet they organise in the most easily hemmed area in the City. There are half a dozen roads coming in to the Bank circus area that can all be blocked with a handful of coppers.

Anyone that didn't expect this is a bit dim.

Expecting it is not the same as being cowed by something designed to dissuade people from protesting. And it's no reason not to complain.

I expect insurance companies to try not to pay out on claims. I'd still complain.

Surely its just the fact that its the RBS that matters. Even if you took out there main office they'd still be open buisness as usual tomorrow somwhere else. All corporations have disaster recovery plans, fire etc.

Yes. The point is that the protesters don't seem to have much of a plan. If they don't, then how can someone tell if they've thought through what they're protesting about...?

And kill the people inside? how sensible :)

They could go upstairs and be quite safe. But the Police would have to get fire engines through which might disrupt their lines and cause lots of chaos to be exploited. Well, that's what I would do if I was an anarchist. But I'm a bit more of a nihilist today, on the sofa in my dressing gown.

ANGRY OPINION!

insult!!! :angry smilie:

CUNTS!

generalisation rolleyes witty remark

exaggeration

They could go upstairs and be quite safe. But the Police would have to get fire engines through which might disrupt their lines and cause lots of chaos to be exploited. Well, that's what I would do if I was an anarchist. But I'm a bit more of a nihilist today, on the sofa in my dressing gown.

WHAT? Go upstairs and be safe from a fire~?

I hope there is never a fire near you and some stairs :(

It is just a normal branch there are several of them in the City. Head office and trading is on Bishopsgate.

That's just where you'd go to bank or withdraw money, i.e. a retail branch

It's symbolic - RBS is the one of the main signifers of this financial crisis.

I don't see the point in breaking windows of a bank. It's not like the everyday staff there are going to effect the ways of the world now their windows have been broken and they have been intimidated. In fact I'd be right fucked off with the protestors (and also my manager for not seeing this coming).

i'm getting the swing doors to the operating theatre from the hospital on my way home, they would make a dramatic entrance to my kitchen.

Looks like the normal hem-them-in tactic is producing it's normal waves of anger and frustration from the crowds.

silly

That's just a normal branch of RBS... there goes any fucking credibility to those protestors... :(

The bank staff are supporting a capitalist blah, blah, blah.
Especially the ladies that they are intimidating.

What a bunch of silly fuckers this small group are.

Back
Top Bottom