Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Weds 1st April: G20 protests - discussion, reaction and chat

not from what I've seen...seems like two lines protesters and polis...

protesters goading and spitting... police doing nothing...I'm praying for them to unleash on the wind up merchants:)
If you are watching the same BBC pictures as me then that came after they had just been batoned by the police, just for trying to continue on the existing route towards the bank.

Why did the police suddenly decide to form a line across their route, start pushing them backwards up the road and then baton the front row, whether they could go backwards or not, if they are trying to keep things peaceful?

Most people who have just been batoned for no reason react angrily. The police deciding to do this to protestors is just fuckwitted.

"A Sky News camera crew have attacked the CNN team who wr ruining their shot! ths is terrible. ..."

and

"Kay Burley bein dragged unconscious from the melee. wht a dark day 4 British journalism. Their bloodlust writ large..."

from http://twitter.com/BristleKRS

:eek:
Judging by the next few tweets ... this might not be entirely serious. :oops:

"There's the BBC's Ben Brogan stripped to the waist screaming 'COME ON ITN, YOU FUCKING WANT SOME?' Shocking, just shocking."

"I of course meant, Ben *Geoghan*. The Daily Mail's Ben Brogan currently has Nick Robinson in a headlock outside Downing Street."

:D

I didn't make it (had dentist late morning, took longer than expected) and now it's looking like it'll turn nasty.

I really want to go but the thought of police incited violence and a coward streak is keeping me here :(

true - there was also some dick with a big silver rod/stick of some sort who was trying to hit the police then run back into the crowd - tis this sort of thing that causes it to all kick off tbh... tis a bit sad that people can't have a civilised protest without a bunch of wannabe revolutionaries acting like dicks and trying to start a fight with the police.

aye still will always be a minority of muppets ruining it for the majority....love how people are blaming the police....should have flown in some less restrained riot cops from around the world to let them witness proper poor policing and brutality

If you are watching the same BBC pictures as me then that came after they had just been batoned by the police, just for trying to continue on the existing route towards the bank.

Why did the police suddenly decide to form a line across their route, start pushing them backwards up the road and then baon the front row, whether they could go backwards or not, if they are trying o keep things peaceful?

Most people who have just been batoned for no reason react angrily. The police deciding to do this to protestors is just fuckwitted.

Looks like the crowd are causing their own trouble here - and the police are asking them to move back, in a polite fashion.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7976812.stm

Actually the issues I care about, I lend my support to, in more ways than you would imagine. But that doesn't matter, because a lot more can be achieved from the comfort of your own home than disrupting tens of thousands of people's working day.

fuck off eh

Looks like the crowd are causing their own trouble here - and the police are asking them to move back, in a polite fashion.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7976812.stm

hahahaha you deluded muppet.

What will happen when thousands of heated people are penned in? Just what those cunts in yellow want, riots. They're gagging for it, cos it's all planned to happen this way. They are the ones who start this shit, and if you can't see it, then you've never been "in the thick of it"

That ->
A-Load-of-bollocks.jpg

Actually the issues I care about, I lend my support to, in more ways than you would imagine. But that doesn't matter, because a lot more can be achieved from the comfort of your own home than disrupting tens of thousands of people's working day.

Furious, angry wanking != support :(

I didn't make it (had dentist late morning, took longer than expected) and now it's looking like it'll turn nasty.

I really want to go but the thought of police incited violence and a coward streak is keeping me here :(
There is more than one protest going on today (and tomorrow). You don't have to go to the Bank of England. Maybe visit the Climate Camp?

Treason: a crime that undermines the offender's government, or disloyalty by virtue of subversive behavior

We live in a democracy. The G20 leaders are democratically elected by their people. Of course you aren't going to agree with everything they ever do, but there are many other ways to change things than violent confrontation.
care to explain iraq the saber rattling of the us to iran or of course the forgotten war in afghanistan or indeed the billions funding the sestemic ethnic cleasing around isreal... after all there are many other ways to change things than violent confrontation...

or is it ok when it's white old men violence meated out without discernment or reason but not ok if it's the proles....

fucking racist thick prick...

Guardian Twitter thing:

Riot horses at bottom of Bathotomew St. More smashes windows.

Back
Top Bottom