Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Weds 1st April: G20 protests - discussion, reaction and chat

The police have a really weird block going on - two rows of police with around 20 foot gap - seem to be telling protestors to go back up the street & certainly not letting protestors join those on the other side of the gap. People are getting jammed up against he line and having to turn around and attempt to make their way upstream against a tide of people entering the top of the street.

Very badly managed crowd-control here and bound to get casualties. Both police and/or organisers need to get another line at the top of that street to prevent more entering thinking they can join the main body via that street and allow those already in the jam to exit

No one has answered my question. What is bringing London to a satnd still REALLY going to achieve?

it is better than doing absolutly fuck all about the mess we're in, isn't it?

Or would you rather just sit back and let TBTB do what's best for you, because after all, they know what you need better than you do, don't they?

yikes, really angry looking protestor on BBC news with some blood on his face - just fallen over & some guy with a big long stick is also trying to fight the police

It's kicking off a bit now. Pushing a shoving but several protestors getting right in the face of the police line and goading them.

:(

yeah and? What do you want people to do? Sit down and let the goverment fuck them from behind forever, without question?

These people on the protest should be fucking saluted and reviererd as the people who'll bring real change to this country. other than the fuckos who don't care, and just sit on their arse bitching about it on the internet.

Saluted and reviered? Slung in the Thames and left to float downriver more like.

Those people do not speak for me, I do not support their viewpoints or action, therefore I have no reason to support them.

Saluted and reviered? Slung in the Thames and left to float downriver more like.

Those people do not speak for me, I do not support their viewpoints or action, therefore I have no reason to support them.

Yeh yeh, I think you've made ya point, getting a bit boring now.

It's kicking off a bit now. Pushing a shoving but several protestors getting right in the face of the police line and goading them.

:(

That knob in the white shirt wants a proper smacking, the police are being very restrained I think...if I was in charge I'd go water canon, taser ( when they are good and wet ) and then horses

Yeh yeh, I think you've made ya point, getting a bit boring now.

... yet you don't think we've heard enough of the pro-protesters, who there seems to be rather a lot of on here right now instead of out reclaiming the streets with their comrades, and all that crap.

Those protestors are moving all the way down the street, and then seem to be told by the Police that they can't move through the last twenty feet to join the protestors and then having to move back up the street. Really ridiculous management from the police, I think. Like a log jam, things are bound to get jostly.

That's how it was destined to be. A pop at the police.

Since you're getting all uppity about people not answering your moronic questions, perhaps you can explain why you can understand the motives of several thousand people with hundreds of different agendas who are up in central London demonstrating, whilst people on here can't 'take the liberty' of making assumptions about you?

Are you a hypocrite, terminally stupid, on a wind-up or a bit of all three...?

<e2a> And you can fuck off too, ajdown.

... yet you don't think we've heard enough of the pro-protesters, who there seems to be rather a lot of on here right now instead of out reclaiming the streets with their comrades, and all that crap.

Well said.

Considering you two don't care that much why are you spending you precious time on here discussing it?

Surely you have something better to do than to waste your time on such a boring subject that you don't care about? :confused:

... yet you don't think we've heard enough of the pro-protesters, who there seems to be rather a lot of on here right now.

It's funny because usually these boards are really anti-protest and pro- global warming and capitalism, innit. This sudden change must be quite alarming for you!

Treason: a crime that undermines the offender's government, or disloyalty by virtue of subversive behavior

We live in a democracy. The G20 leaders are democratically elected by their people. Of course you aren't going to agree with everything they ever do, but there are many other ways to change things than violent confrontation.

Treason: a crime that undermines the offender's government, or disloyalty by virtue of subversive behavior

We live in a democracy. The G20 leaders are democratically elected by their people. Of course you aren't going to agree with everything they ever do, but there are many other ways to change things than violent confrontation.
Yep. that approach really worked with the Iraq war eh?

Oh dont get me wrong, I think this (as usual massively unfocused) protest is a huge waste of time, effort and money but time and a place innit.

You can't dispute that the disparate groups down there have a right to protest, so just get over it eh.

Treason?:D

You tool.

BBC: 1300 Commander Simon O'Brien from the Metropolitan Police's Gold Command centre says the 3-4,000 people now outside the Bank of England did not tell the police their plans, making decisions about policing levels "very difficult".

lol

He'll get one if he's not careful.

How do you do shit like that and not expect to get a clump? :confused:

I'd struggle to hold back....got nothing against protesting though some of those are clearly just up for a ruck...christ knows the sh*t they are coming out with though everyone watching the tv is praying for him to get put down....its pr*cks like him that ruin it for the protesters who are doing it for the right reasons....perfect way of losing public support...:rolleyes:

So, slowly but steadily tempers are rising from the hemmed in crowd - the majority of whom are anything but violence-seeking anarchists.

No doubt people's frustration will be compounded bythe rising police aggression.

It's all so fucking predictable now.

Back
Top Bottom