Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

War on Woke: Conservative Cultural Campaigning

Do we need a new Woke Watch thread or will this do for Woke Spoons?

SEI_86332940.jpg

If anyone can think of a better thread for this let me know. It’s got blues, the Great Depression, an infamous miscarriage of justice, and class.

Probably about time we had a single thread on this as the conservatives have been making efforts to launch this the last few months and are really stepping up with the assault on heritage bodies and unis rumoured this week.

I don't really know what woke is. What I do know is that every time I see someone declaring war on something (that's not actually a declaration of war as in shooting and dying) its been a total and embarrassing loss. Utterly routed in every regard.

I see no reason why this also won't end the same way.

A detailed research exposé appears here for anyone interested in the subject:

"The British war on woke is an intensive ideological campaign against social justice movements that is mobilising far-right tropes and conspiracy theories within mainstream British political discourse. It sees itself in a battle of good versus evil, reason against the dark forces of pre-modernity, ‘Cultural Marxists’ and a ‘globalist elite’ intent on ruining ‘western civilisation’ and replacing ‘white’ British culture with woke multiculturalism. The authors examine this campaign’s discourses on various digital media including magazines, blogs, news sites and Twitter, and used search engines and a media database to capture a network graph of a community waging its war on woke. Using the graph metric of ‘betweenness centrality’, they isolate and visualise a small densely inter-connected homophily of political actors who share media platforms and cooperate with think-tanks, campaign groups, and ‘educational charities’. Using van Dijk’s concept of the ideological square, they explore the conceptual logics driving this campaign to its extreme positions, often justified on the basis of representing the interests of the British white working class."

An anatomy of the British war on woke (Source: Davies, H. C., & MacRae, S. E. (2023). An anatomy of the British war on woke. Race & Class, 65(2), 3-54)

handy list of (US) companies which are woke so you won't do business with them this holiday* season.

*see what I did there?

Woke (noun) : a sociopolitical idealogy characterized by the manipulation of noble goals (such as equity, inclusion, social justice, and environmental stewardship) by tyrannical left-wing zealots for the purpose of controlling and destroying American society

1: it's an adjective, akshully
2: even this dingus admits it has noble goals

handy list of (US) companies which are woke so you won't do business with them this holiday* season.

*see what I did there?

Woke (noun) : a sociopolitical idealogy characterized by the manipulation of noble goals (such as equity, inclusion, social justice, and environmental stewardship) by tyrannical left-wing zealots for the purpose of controlling and destroying American society

1: it's an adjective, akshully
2: even this dingus admits it has noble goals

I just looked at their list. There are about 450 companies there, including this gem:
Goodreads (please read about how these dirty rotten scoundrels cancelled me and my books here!)
You'd think that if 450 companies, most who are global, and the reason for most of these companies to be 'woke' is making more profits. This person might just have a think to about whether they are right or not.

Last edited:
Tugenhut wibbled something about "the role of the armed forces is to kill the kings enemies" - pathetic macho posturing - dont think ive ever heard them desctibed in this way. Unless their has been a change in their role and the likes of meghan markle, martin bashir and piers morgan are about to be taken out by the SAS.

Last edited:
Both Express and Telegraph wibbling on about this today:

_132619681_express-nc_page-0001.jpg.webp

Note the moving of the Overton window to promote the idea that any mention of social justice-related things (or sustainability, or working from home, or history, or feelings) is 'extremism'. I don't believe for one moment anyone in the MoD or Army is an 'extremist' for social justice and they are talking about things, if you read into it like... maybe the officer rank should be more reflective of the makeup of the armed forces? Call the police! Radical extremism!

I mean, we can, and should, laugh, but it's also fucking sinister. We've seen how in places like Florida that this rhetoric of anything to do with social justice is 'extremism' is being used to shut down things like teaching kids about racism, they are genuinely hoping that they can force people to be ignorant about things in order to shut them up.

Tugenhut wibbled something about "the role of the armed forces is to kill the kings enemies" - pathetic macho posturing - dont think ive ever heard them desctibed in this way. Unless their has been a change in their role and the likes of meghan markle, martin bashir and piers morgan are about to be taken out by the SAS.

… not forgetting whatever kind of bum tumour Charlie boy has at the moment..

"News reports from multiple media outlets about Wildlife and Countryside Link’s evidence on racism and the countryside have taken comments from an inquiry response to MPs and misrepresented them out of context ...

Wildlife and Countryside Link does not believe the countryside is a racist, colonial, white space - as has been falsely reported by some media outlets - and neither do our members ..."

Source: Wildlife and Countryside Link statement on recent media reporting

Why let that get in the way of yet another bizarre rant?

"We need to stop making white people feel guilty for being white. Critical race theory, white privilege and unconscious bias should be constantly debunked as Left-wing militancy.

Suella Braverman: Calling the countryside racist is ridiculous Left-wing militancy

Back
Top Bottom