Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

War on Woke: Conservative Cultural Campaigning

Also, some people try to be all 'just being rational about it' by going 'But black people are only X% of the propulation so anything else is unrealistic and alienates white people' :rolleyes:

When the fact is that people of colour are probably still not altogether overrepresented on telly/in advertising and, even if they are - good. That tends to be what it takes to actually get people to recognise diversity.

The best example of nailing this was Idris Elba. When he played Thor, a lot of white supremacist scumbags in the USA got angry that Thor, a character from Norse mythology, was being represented by a black actor.

Elba said, "When I click my fingers, a magic hammer flies towards me, but me having black skin is the ridiculous bit?"

The best example of nailing this was Idris Elba. When he played Thor, a lot of white supremacist scumbags in the USA got angry that Thor, a character from Norse mythology, was being represented by a black actor.

Elba said, "When I click my fingers, a magic hammer flies towards me, but me having black skin is the ridiculous bit?"
Somebody on Twitter was bitching about Disney doing a remake of " The Little Mermaid" with a black Ariel on the grounds that the story was originally written by a Danish person and so it wasn't realistic. Me: "And a singing mermaid who grows legs is? It's a fairytale for kids and you complain about realism!"

Last edited:
Too much sugar and dairy. High time they were banned and a sugar free lactose free gluten free alternative version enforced by law. Scones are destroying the planet and putting a strain on the NHS. I might send a letter to the Mail

Too much sugar and dairy. High time they were banned and a sugar free lactose free gluten free alternative version enforced by law. Scones are destroying the planet and putting a strain on the NHS. I might send a letter to the Mail

Doesn’t that make them an ideal snack for the anti-woke?

I don't really like scones. Or jam. Or clotted cream. Is it OK to say that?
To your marxist friends, when disscussing intersectionality and eating vegan food while reading the collected poems of Engels in a building made from sustainable materials nowhere near Mike Graham.

See you Cameron. He makes things out of trees. Brilliant. I don't ever want to speak to any of these people again

Scones on the other hand, are a bastion of what is right and proper, in the face of those who would destroy afternoon snacking and replace it with some kind of woke "street-food" to be consumed in a car park, without regard to the vicious politeness that once made teatime great.

when they should clearly instead be beating seven kinds out of the festival goers.
I watched some dude from the policing association moan about the Notting Hill festival to be moved/banned because two female officers had been sexually assaulted ( no mention of the poor chap stabbed to death) whilst I have sympathy and empathy for the officers, my initial thoughts were 'aren't the police meant to arrest these sorts of people?'

I watched some dude from the policing association moan about the Notting Hill festival to be moved/banned because two female officers had been sexually assaulted ( no mention of the poor chap stabbed to death) whilst I have sympathy and empathy for the officers, my initial thoughts were 'aren't the police meant to arrest these sorts of people?'

They would need to decide exactly what they’re doing there first.

At the Globe to see "I Joan" the non-binary take on Joan of Arc which was upsetting volk in the Mail and in GBNEWTS a week or so ago.
There were no TERFs, or French fascists picketing, and no scent of an outraged Laurence Fox.

Two hours and fifty minutes, so let's hope it is engrossing.IMG_20220901_191950.jpgIMG_20220901_205734.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom