Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Victorinox vs Gerber vs Leatherman

95% of stuff is these days, Americans are very precious about stuff being made in China as they see it somehow tarnishes their patriotism. American engineering is shite too :D

Get a piece of board, get a bit of string, tie it altogether adn call it a Ford!

This looks closest to the one he has.

victorinox-ranger-swiss-army-knife-red-1376371.jpg

His doesn't have the hook thingy but has got two cross head screwdrivers.

Looks like the Ranger. 9cms long.

95% of stuff is these days, Americans are very precious about stuff being made in China as they see it somehow tarnishes their patriotism. American engineering is shite too :D

Get a piece of board, get a bit of string, tie it altogether adn call it a Ford!

Why are the H&K so cheap compared to the others? :hmm:

You may like the Buck Redpoint that @NVP put m e onto. Had it a few weeks now and the only thing I have used it for is cutting selotape on a parcel that arrived from Amazon :D

753-redpoint-rescue-black.jpg
@Global Stoner If you do want one of these, you can have mine cheap. It's a bit psychokiller for me tbh. :D I ended up getting something that looks more like an ordinary penknife in the end.

just remember that it's best to avoid any form of locking blade - quick run down on British knife law
UKLEGAL.pdf

Not all of a Swiss Army Knife is made in Switzerland

3- Not all of the Swiss Army Knife is Swiss-made

But most of it is. At the Victorinox headquarters in pastoral Ibach, even the machines that punch long strips of steel (2,500 pounds of it a year) into recognisable tools by grinding, polishing, hardening, and (excepting certain hand-made models) assembling and casing them, are made by Victorinox for Victorinox in their mechanical department. The only part of your Swiss Army Knife that’s not 100% Swiss-made, oddly enough, is the little corkscrew. Turns out, the Swiss are really good at working with steel but not so good at forging. For that, you need some Japanese know-how. A Japanese company forges the corkscrews and ships them to Ibach for assembly.

just remember that it's best to avoid any form of locking blade - quick run down on British knife law
UKLEGAL.pdf

Yeah, came across that last night. Well don't all these knives lock into place? Suppose it depends on length?

Wondered about that with importing as well. Found something about gravity knives and something else (but can't remember)

Your pic's not viewable for me

you seem to have fucked up thech image

He tried to embed a pdf file!

Fuck the law quite frankly, I am quite capable of carrying a knife without sticking it in someone's neck and if I wanted to do such a thing I'd use a chisel, sharpened screwdriver etc. stupid fucking law.

*watching two robins fight over raisins*

Fuck the law quite frankly, I am quite capable of carrying a knife without sticking it in someone's neck and if I wanted to do such a thing I'd use a chisel, sharpened screwdriver etc. stupid fucking law.
what's wrong with a crossbow? no chance of getting covered in blood.

You may like the Buck Redpoint that @NVP put m e onto. Had it a few weeks now and the only thing I have used it for is cutting selotape on a parcel that arrived from Amazon :D
You're using the wrong tool for the job. Proper big kids like you and me would use a chainsaw for opening the mail. Grow up firky ffs.

Leatherman - can be replaced/repaired in the UK
Gerber - need to send to Oregon for repairs/replacement (can take 3-4 weeks)
Victorinox - repairs in the UK

You're using the wrong tool for the job. Proper big kids like you and me would use a chainsaw for opening the mail. Grow up firky ffs.

I tried to do this with a bottle of coke and ended up flinging the bottle across the field. :oops:

I snapped the blade on a Leatherman once, sent it back and received a brand new one in 2 days. i love my Leatherman. Some fucker just robbed my last one on site. Bastards. That's a fantastic website Firky.

The chances of any of those needing repairing are really quite slim TBH, they're all quality products. :)

You need to be doing something that the knife wasn't designed to do to snap it I reckon :D

I snapped the blade on a Leatherman once, sent it back and received a brand new one in 2 days. i love my Leatherman. Some fucker just robbed my last one on site. Bastards. That's a fantastic website Firky.

It is great isn't it? Make sure you're logged out of paypal and / or your debit card isn't handy when you're looking at though. :)

Or a perfectly legal .22 air rifle and a nail with some WD40?

I really hope that's with a springer and not a PCP Firks ;) and doing that wouldn't make it a perfectly legal .22 now would it? you could be looking 5 years

*watching two robins fight over raisins*

Yes, I did <numb nuts at self>

And I agree, there are many, many people capable of carrying all sorts of things around quite safely. As it can be argued about most things in life, usually around laws that we don't agree with

http://www.heinnie.com/

and go to the down loads section - this will lead you to the UK Legal Carry pdf down load - all sorts of information on there

[QUOTE]UK law states that any knife with a non-locking blade which is three inches or under in length is legal to carry in the UK. HOWEVER discretion is paramount. Take a knife into a pub, club, football ground or other such establishment and you should expect to be prosecuted.

A fixed blade knife or locking folder of any length will require an explanation if carried. If you are unable to give `reasonable cause`or show that the knife was in use for a specific, legitimate purpose then prosecution could follow. It is the responsibility of the owner to illustrate that the knife is being used as a tool in the correct environment and at all other times be secured in a safe and discreet manner, such as tackle or tool box.

Switchblades, automatics or ‘flick-knives’, gravity knives, balisongs or ‘butterfly knives’, push daggers, belt buckle knives, sword canes, disguised knives, or knuckle-duster knives are all banned from sale in the UK
[/QUOTE]

Back
Top Bottom