Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Victorinox vs Gerber vs Leatherman

Actually, it was this Gerber, not the Leatherman

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gerber-22-4...=sr_1_13?s=diy&ie=UTF8&qid=1351802740&sr=1-13

I can't speak for EVERY tool purchased, but the black coating wore off on mine rather quickly. It's not silver, but it looks like i've had it for about 5 years instead of 5 weeks. Still works just as well so no complaints....but it's not 100% black any more.

Only complaint (as mentioned by other reviewers) is that the black paint does tend to come off, but when I have finished even the most menial job and my hands are covered in black I can make out it was far harder than it really was and hopefully wangle a nice cuppa out of it.

That's pretty cool.

Yeah, I think on the website there's nothing about engraving on the multi-tools and it's difficult with the Gerber because of lack of flat surfaces on the handles (writing/ruler) so he said he'd do the engraving on the knife :cool:

Same guy supplies Leathermans but can't see the OHT model on the site

release the lockin slide on the side which model do you have?

Scout Pro

gerber_multi-plier_600_pro_scout.jpg

Ah, sussed it. I was trying to fold them whilst they were scissor shape

DSC07265.JPG

and they kept ending up like this

DSC07267.JPG

whereas you don't fold them like that, you open the scissors up fully wide like this

DSC07268.JPG

cheers dylan... sort of :D

BTW: It was his birthday today and he loved his multitool and torch.

I also got that cheapo torch that I think Global Stoner recommended (£4 from Hong Kong). It's right bright, so thanks for suggestion :D

oh and thanks to whoever suggested the gerber suspension, got it for Mr Dovy Sr for xmas, showed Mr Dovy and he wants one now! really nice bit of kit

Back
Top Bottom