Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Vibram - resole trainers?

ska invita

back on the other side
I went past a shop ("Vibram Academy - Sole Factor", near Old Street - City Rd) which from what i could make out in the window seems to resole shoes including trainers. I don't really buy trainers as they wear out too quickly so this is something that appeals to me.

Ive tracked down their main website Sole Factor but despite reading that im still not clear what it is they do exactly.

Can someone explain? Has anyone used this?

It's quite expensive and most trainers look pretty tired by the time they need resoling.

I've had rock shoes done before and they work, but never as well as they did before.

I went past a shop ("Vibram Academy - Sole Factor", near Old Street - City Rd) which from what i could make out in the window seems to resole shoes including trainers. I don't really buy trainers as they wear out too quickly so this is something that appeals to me.

Ive tracked down their main website Sole Factor but despite reading that im still not clear what it is they do exactly.

Can someone explain? Has anyone used this?

Vibram is a branded sole, often used in outdoor footwear such as walking boots etc. I guess if you had trainers that used a vibram sole (such as "approach shoes") which would a) be expensive and b) the sole would be a performance factor in the shoe then re-soling might be attractive. It certainly would for leather mountains boots where cared for uppers could last a decade or more.

Does seem odd for trainers where the uppers wouldn't last that long though.

I work near there. I haven't been in since it changed from being a normal cobblers. I'm just going to go to the one in the station from now on because I don't really understand this new iteration of the shop.

thanks all...still a bit confused
I work near there. I haven't been in since it changed from being a normal cobblers. I'm just going to go to the one in the station from now on because I don't really understand this new iteration of the shop.
could you go in there, ask lots of questions, tut a lot, then turn on your heal and report back? :)
in particular, is it possible to resole trainers...any trainers? and what it costs to do that :) :)

thanks all...still a bit confused

could you go in there, ask lots of questions, tut a lot, then turn on your heal and report back? :)
in particular, is it possible to resole trainers...any trainers? and what it costs to do that :) :)

I could. I'm not saying I will, you understand, but I could. If I remember.

The service will be to resole trainers which have Vibram soles. It may be possible to resole other trainers, but they are not - on the whole - constructed in a way to make this easy, and they'll probably look like shit. Vibram soled shoes are made to be resoled.

The service will be to resole trainers which have Vibram soles. It may be possible to resole other trainers, but they are not - on the whole - constructed in a way to make this easy, and they'll probably look like shit. Vibram soled shoes are made to be resoled.
do vibram make trainers?

Vibram soles tend to be narrower than normal soles as well, so they would look shit on normal trainers.

Back
Top Bottom