Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is it acceptable to wear visible socks with shorts and trainers?

Grief, I don't usually notice stuff like this but I saw a kilted chap in Kew gardens a few weeks ago (I was at the orchid festival)...and I swear, He looked...fabulous. Great calves. I was hugely taken aback (must have been feverish after the orchids).

It (the kilt) was a subdued navy with teal and dark green. Bloody good (knee) socks, too.
Feverish after the orchids? Well, quite. :D

Oh god no - tracksuit bottoms. Not even as pyjamas.

My youngest, otoh, seems to possess about 30 grey tracksuit bottoms and a similar number of grey, black and, v.occasionally, brown hoodies. I am driven to the gaudy spectrum in self-defence.
Liking the socks and purple suede combo.

I have never worn trainers (or jeans, shudder), in my life (although, I admit to dungarees in the late 80s).
Yes, dungarees always look good (on anyone other than me) Likewise "jumpsuits" of the 1980s. If weather is cold and you put on jumper on top of either of those, then nice and warm but a real annoyance when going to the toilet. If put on jumper *beneath* the thing, it's all a bit uncomfortably constricting. Plus, looking like Michelin man.

which is why Orang Utan is worthy of mockery for posting up such a needy/attention seeking thread
all threads are attention-seeking. you should really examine your own motives for being so unpleasant to people. you wouldn't mock people on the new clobber thread or the nekkid thread, so I don't see why you should get a free pass to mock others elsewhere.

all threads are attention-seeking. you should really examine your own motives for being so unpleasant to people. you wouldn't mock people on the new clobber thread or the nekkid thread, so I don't see why you should get a free pass to mock others elsewhere.

You've been obnoxious on such threads, so i'm not sure what your point is.

I don't want a pass. Why do you need one?

Back
Top Bottom