Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is it acceptable to wear visible socks with shorts and trainers?

Black shorts are horrible. Black clothes are not for me.

Bertie Wooster shares your opinion
The trouble with you, Spode, is that just because you have succeeded in inducing a handful of half-wits to disfigure the London scene by going about in black shorts, you think you're someone. You hear them shouting 'Heil, Spode!' and you imagine it is the Voice of the People. That is where you make your bloomer. What the Voice of the People is saying is: 'Look at that frightful ass Spode swanking about in footer bags! Did you ever in your puff see such a perfect perisher?'"

And I'm sure, given his strong commitment to sartorial order Billy Jeeves would not approve either.

Fully grown men shouldn't be wearing shorts away from the beach or sporting activities.

:mad:

Unless, they are involved in colonial conflicts

Screen-Shot-2014-04-01-at-4.48.36-PM.png

I have an off-white/oatmeal linen jacket, dark but faded dress shorts, and a pale blue linen shirt. I wear these with dark blue suede driving shoes. Something like this but I'm older and fatter.

02_Quintessential_Linen_jacket_with_knee_length_shorts.jpg

I think it looks fine. First of all I think it looks better on men than women and secondly the very stylish and gorgeous woman at my last job used to rock that look. I'm neither stylish nor gorgeous so I do wear trainer socks with trainers and leggings.

I wear good, honest workman's shorts from Aldi - though in my case I could be accused of "cultural appropriation" :hmm:

It’s harder to wee sitting down when you’re wearing ankle socks, so I can see where Orang Utan is coming from.

I’m not sure why you waxed off your leg hair though OU. Is it obligatory when one wears socks with shorts?

Back
Top Bottom