Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Which trainer tribe do you belong to?

I wear...

• Total voters
do people buy running shoes for casual wear?

They do the Adidas and Nike ones I think, plus occasionally more niche ones like On. Not so much the other more purist running shoes. Thing is the modern ones aren't actually that comfortable for walking IMO - they have a sort of built in roll forward in them for running which doesn't feel nice for walking.

They do the Adidas and Nike ones I think, plus occasionally more niche ones like On. Not so much the other more purist running shoes. Thing is the modern ones aren't actually that comfortable for walking IMO - they have a sort of built in roll forward in them for running which doesn't feel nice for walking.
I've got a pair of On running shoes that I wear casually, but they're the first pair of running shoes I've ever owned that I'm not embarrassed to wear with a pair of jeans. Most I wouldn't be seen dead in while wearing trousers - even the ones I like the style of.

Having said that, since starting home working, I've barely worn a pair of trousers in 18 months, and I regularly wear pretty much full running kit all the time, so my running shoes are essentially de facto casual shoes.

I've got a pair of On running shoes that I wear casually, but they're the first pair of running shoes I've ever owned that I'm not embarrassed to wear with a pair of jeans. Most I wouldn't be seen dead in while wearing trousers - even the ones I like the style of.

Having said that, since starting home working, I've barely worn a pair of trousers in 18 months, and I regularly wear pretty much full running kit all the time, so my running shoes are essentially de facto casual shoes.

Does your job entail selling gym equipment on the shopping channel?

I have a pair of Decathlon running shoes. People who know me ask me why are you wearing those? they know I haven't been running! I say I am working up to it, lycra shorts perhaps next on the shopping list :) :(

Converse and Superga.
I have around 7 pairs of Converse and 3 Superga. Love them both. Black, white, blue leather, pink.
So, since this post I have bought a lot of trainers. An embarrassing amount.
Along with more superga, I’ve also added 2x adidas and one Nike Air Max. I can’t stop. A pair of leather adidas arrived today and my trainer storage in the porch is about to collapse. :D

Does your job entail selling gym equipment on the shopping channel?
No, I just run so much that it makes sense to mainly just wear my running gear most of the time when I'm not having to look decent at work.

Plus, the running gear I have is super comfy.

Which is part of the point of my latest post. It's ridiculous, beyond comprehension, to buy shoes that you have never tried on.
Not really. I know my size and preferred fit etc. so I end up buying the same or similar shoes over and over again.

If I do end up buying a complete dud pair, then they get sent back.

You get much better deals and range of choice buying online too.

Which is part of the point of my latest post. It's ridiculous, beyond comprehension, to buy shoes that you have never tried on.
Not at all. If I am buying running shoes all the bit deals are on-line. My current pair are £130 quid at the moment, but I got mine in an on line sale at decathlon for £50. I can always take them back. . . . but I didn't have to.
Since covid I have bought all my shoes on line bar one pair. It's actually worked out pretty good so far.

So, since this post I have bought a lot of trainers. An embarrassing amount.
Along with more superga, I’ve also added 2x adidas and one Nike Air Max. I can’t stop. A pair of leather adidas arrived today and my trainer storage in the porch is about to collapse. :D
needs pix!

No, I just run so much that it makes sense to mainly just wear my running gear most of the time when I'm not having to look decent at work.

Plus, the running gear I have is super comfy.

I just have this image of you sat at home at the computer in full rugby garb or something lol.:D

Used to it now, once you know the size and vague model, though yeah would rather try if u could tbh... They do have different degrees of arch support year to year and that's the main thing I'm getting them for

Did you get any new shoes during the era of proper lockdown? Fair enough if you didn't, but I reckon it's reasonable enough for people to do that if they want new shoes and all the shoe shops are shut/best avoided.

I dunno about that, I almost never see people wearing Asics or Brooks or the other big running shoe brands except in training scenarios?
Go to football matches, You will see Adidas, Puma, New Balance and Nike runners a plenty. Seee alot of Saucony too nowadays. Trainers, including runners, are a fashion and style icon and have been for decades.

Why? You order and if they don’t fit you send them back. Quick, efficient and easier than going round town especially in plague times.

When you buy the same brand regularly you know what’ll fit anyway.

I mean it’s terrible for my finances but my feet are happy with the huge variety I provide them.

Why? You order and if they don’t fit you send them back. Quick, efficient and easier than going round town especially in plague times.

When you buy the same brand regularly you know what’ll fit anyway.

I mean it’s terrible for my finances but my feet are happy with the huge variety I provide them.
I read an article about the whole buying clothes online and sending stuff that doesn't fit back thing, and it wasn't good - your returns don't go back on sale, and lots get sent to landfill.

I read an article about the whole buying clothes online and sending stuff that doesn't fit back thing, and it wasn't good - your returns don't go back on sale, and lots get sent to landfill.
Oh no, don’t say that! :eek:
I genuinely don’t have a lot of choice with clothes, being a fat bird.

i do puma and adidas for casual wear & ugly nb/asics/whatever that i only use for running, agree with killer b here. use my my favourites til they fall apart &have a hard time throwing them away even then.

loved these to bits. had'em in green & yellow too.
20200801_204149.jpg

Back
Top Bottom