Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Which trainer tribe do you belong to?

I wear...

• Total voters
i dont wear trainers that much, but have been looking everywhere to find an exact replacement for a pair that i love but they are old now, soles worn thin and sticking them in the washing machine wasn't the best idea they never fully recovered.
They are yellow, a nice warm mustardy saffrony yellow, proper suede, adidas pumps, had them a long time. I just want the same ones again but can't find them anywhere, it was probably the colourway from whatever year, but i dont want a new colour i just want that one :(
Are they gazelles?

I love inov8' s. Normally the roclite or f-lite ones. They're really marketed for major trail and fell runners etc, but they are the comfiest trainers I've ever owned. Bit pricey now though.

Etnies.
Last forever, however being skate shoes, so therefore not technically trainers (but OP includes Vans so clearly that's a let off), they are shit if you want to walk long distance and I don't imagine running in them would be very nice (flat soles, for those who know nowt about skate shoes)
Great for cycling though, so much they brought out some MTB versions (no fucking idea why though, prob just to charge an extra tenner).
Unlike Vans though, they have good arch support, which is the other reason I like 'em.
I've worn these fuckers to death, still (just) going after 4 years
16199695988352522681085113844162.jpg

Currently wearing Mizuno's but bought two pairs of Asics the other day. In my late teens I was strictly Nike or Adidas. Can't wear vans because are too flat, puma's are too narrow:(

From May to mid October I live in Superga Cotu Classic canvas trainers.
20210502_163609.jpg
They are perfect for my high arched, wide-ish but small, hobbitlike feet. They're easy to clean and easy to wear. I can walk miles in them.
Cant stand Converse cos they rub the skin off my feet. And Vans don't last as long as these. So when they're on sale I buy a fresh pair but I keep last years for mucking about

From May to mid October I live in Superga Cotu Classic canvas trainers.
View attachment 266040
They are perfect for my high arched, wide-ish but small, hobbitlike feet. They're easy to clean and easy to wear. I can walk miles in them.
Cant stand Converse cos they rub the skin off my feet. And Vans don't last as long as these. So when they're on sale I buy a fresh pair but I keep last years for mucking about

The quality of Vans are very poor

I've been on a mssion to reduce my footwear collection and it's been working so was thinking I can warrant buying some new trainers.

My go to trainers were Adidas Gazelle OG but wearing Adidas as a 51 year old with a number 1 gives the impression I might be an Adidophile. I also object to paying £50+ for pumps.

Vans chukka are my next 'always buy' but it's hard to get the plain all black canvas mids thesedays. The all grey mono would be a holy grail.

Comfiest trainers I ever had were Nike Air Max Classic BW. Shaun Ryders old ones as it happens. I'm not sure I can get away with them thesedays although there's a brand new pair in the house that my son bought before he passed.

The other comfiest shoes I've got are Clarks Desert Trek. They're just not wear all the time shoes.

Also after looking online I remembered all shoes look shit on a screen and you have to see them in real life so I need to go to the shops. As such my shoe buying won't be happening for ages because I hate shopping.

I last wore sporty footwear when I was 14 and had to wear plimsolls for PE. The closest I have come to trainers was a fleeting thing for desert boots.

I have very wide feet so always had to buy big shoes. Started off on M&S progressed to Nike and then was New Balance for a while NB was the best at sticking large sizes. Most others barly have anything above a 12 readily avaliable.
Most of the other brands were even narrower.

Nowadays I just have BÄR trainer/shoes.

I have very wide feet so always had to buy big shoes. Started off on M&S progressed to Nike and then was New Balance for a while NB was the best at sticking large sizes. Most others barly have anything above a 12 readily avaliable.
Most of the other brands were even narrower.

Nowadays I just have BÄR trainer/shoes.

More or less this - it’s not brand loyalty, more it’s sticking with the makes whose sizing policy ensures a good fit for my feet - which FTM means Reebok and it’s subsidiary brands and/or Sketchrs - but I wasn’t that impressed at the wear-out speed of my last pair of Sketchers, although the fit was just fine.

M&S used to be ok but poor arch support was an issue.

None. No interest in paying over the odds to have a hip name - I'll just buy a pair that suits my needs with zero loyalty,

I went into an outward bound/running shop yesterday. As I take a wide fitting I hoped to try Hoka's and oq's. Apparently, wide fitting in those brands are only available on line. I ended up trying and buying a pair of Brooks. They suggested I try asics but they were far too tight :( also, why are most running shoes so loud and Leary?

There's plenty of sober coloured running shoes, it's just that the more cost conscious runner (ie, us and everyone we know) only buy the shoes that make it into the sales which are the garish ones is all.

Back
Top Bottom