Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Which trainer tribe do you belong to?

I wear...

• Total voters
A long time ago I was running a lot and a fancy running shop sold me ASICS. I’ve been loyal ever since, however, the critical design feature I look for is not having some heel concave “feature” that fills with dog shit to later fall out at awkward moments.

I remember them too - there was definitely a lot of snobbery at school between those who had those (like me), and kids who had fancy trainers.

When I were a lad Green Flash were the fancy trainers. Black plimsolls we had. Slip-ons.

I've just bought some Sperry things that look a lot like Vans. I don't do fashion so never heard of them. Turns out they're decent, American I think.

I really feel like I have some sort of compulsion to buy trainers. I saw some white leather converse with a scalloped edge the other day and can’t stop thinking about how happy they would make me. 😄
I’m pretty sure you have this in common with a great many people Looby!

I don't do trainer tribalism, in fact at least half of those brands are on my boycott list. Saw an article about Puma and Adidas using Xinjiang cotton just this morning. In general, prominent branding on clothing and shoes puts me off, especially if it carries status. I feel like a mug paying money so I could be used as an advertising board for the company, it should be the other way round. Speaking purely financially, Nike was the top stinker, with my Nike Airs falling apart within 6 months.

Now I'm on the lookout for a pair of platform sneakers but with my dodgy feet (falling arches, most shoes rub at the heel) and complicated ethics it will take a while.

i have had lots of different trainers but the best pair were adidas handball spezial that my brother bought me for my birthday in 2003. they eventually got demoted to wearing for work and died in 2015. 12 years solid use.

I have some Reebok Classics. Just because footwear wise I’m stuck in the 80’s

Can’t wear Nike. The arches are always wrong for me.

Mine must be more recent. Older ones seemed good value, but the last couple of pairs I bought lasted under a year, so I don't bother any more

I don’t walk any more so the ones I have now should last indefinitely I suppose, which is nice.

It's almost always been Adidas, both trainers and football boots. Though shout out to Cica from my pre-teen years :cool: :D

Went through a Converse phase around uni, but ultimately I just wanted far more padding underfoot than they gave.

Haven't had any of either for a few years, though, for a few reasons too tedious to go into.

Back
Top Bottom