Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

VAR and the Premier League

I'm not sure VAR was the issue in Spurs-Newcastle, but the new handball rules. Dier clearly handled the ball, but unless it had been at the Stretford end 1986-2013 the penalty wouldn't have been given before this season, VAR or not.

pass the salt

I didnt think VAR was used.
I watched the rugby league final yesterday (cracking match). VAR checked every try. You could hear and see everything they looked at and were saying. Very well used and footie should learn from that

yet it’s a gentleman’s game played by hooligans

Modern, top level, English football really is pish.
One of the problems is that it’s exclusively a TV sport now rather than spectator . The constant rule changes are built around selling it as a TV package .It’s financial direction points to an obsession with a European elite . Football media is totally built around reporting on top clubs . I was really pleased with the non league club results in the FA Cup particularly Stockport and Darlington but all they got were a few or single footnotes .

One of the problems is that it’s exclusively a TV sport now rather than spectator . The constant rule changes are built around selling it as a TV package .It’s financial direction points to an obsession with a European elite . Football media is totally built around reporting on top clubs . I was really pleased with the non league club results in the FA Cup particularly Stockport and Darlington but all they got were a few or single footnotes .

Tbf we did get to see this.

Definitely not offside.

Respectful hooligans who were not continually bickering over decisions. Also honest ones who were not rolling about on the pitch for 10 minutes when they got a hair out of place.

sorry, but I think you may have somewhat misunderstood my position. Football being the gentleman’s game played by hooligans, and with a large fan base of equally minded, sectarian, idiots: is what I was positing.

Now if you wanna find fault with that, please allow me to say firstly - fuck Badgers the snivelling grotbag - and if you still hold your position in lieu of what I actually meant. Then the same for you.

sorry, but I think you may have somewhat misunderstood my position. Football being the gentleman’s game played by hooligans, and with a large fan base of equally minded, sectarian, idiots: is what I was positing.

Now if you wanna find fault with that, please allow me to say firstly - fuck Badgers the snivelling grotbag - and if you still hold your position in lieu of what I actually meant. Then the same for you.

Careful with that broad brush you're painting us football fans with eh? ;)

Go to non league games often, do you?

And you're still insisting that it's a "gentleman’s game played by hooligans, and with a large fan base of equally minded, sectarian, idiots"?
Because if you are, you're talking utter bollocks, mate.

no, mate. I think I’ve very much nailed home a pertinent point. Can’t criticise the Liverpool lot cos you get blocked and dun-diddums never get no likeys no mores.

can’t admit that there is a conspiracy against the new wealth in soccer’s highest level - even though there clearly is. Fiat pay Ronald the (alleged) rapist most of his salary. Liverpool hacked City’s emails and only had to pay a mill. I suppose hacking isn’t so much condemned on here though.

got a temp thread ban for reporting a picture of a bottle being thrown at an away team coach at Anfield - and suggesting it was out of order.

you don’t see this as mindless sectarianism? People celebrating a team being banned from an international tournament?

no, mate. I think I’ve very much nailed home a pertinent point. Can’t criticise the Liverpool lot cos you get blocked and dun-diddums never get no likeys no mores.

can’t admit that there is a conspiracy against the new wealth in soccer’s highest level - even though there clearly is. Fiat pay Ronald the (alleged) rapist most of his salary. Liverpool hacked City’s emails and only had to pay a mill. I suppose hacking isn’t so much condemned on here though.

got a temp thread ban for reporting a picture of a bottle being thrown at an away team coach at Anfield - and suggesting it was out of order.

you don’t see this as mindless sectarianism? People celebrating a team being banned from an international tournament?

Yeah, that's not sectarianism.

Also, you just called it soccer.

I'm challenging your claims talking about non league football and you respond with a load of mixed up nonsense and bleating about Liverpool, sectarianism, international tournaments. hacking and 'new wealth in soccer's highest level.'

Weird.

:facepalm:

And you're still insisting that it's a "gentleman’s game played by hooligans, and with a large fan base of equally minded, sectarian, idiots"?
Because if you are, you're talking utter bollocks, mate.

no mention of non-league football here, just a re-iteration of my point, which I then expanded on, and you have settled into a position of being antagonist now, Ed. Twice. ‘Talking bollocks‘ and ‘weird’. We don’t need to go down this route, we really don’t.

no mention of non-league football here, just a re-iteration of my point, which I then expanded on, and you have settled into a position of being antagonist now, Ed. Twice. ‘Talking bollocks‘ and ‘weird’. We don’t need to go down this route, we really don’t.
You just need to back up your earlier claim and cut out the flannel and obfuscation.

Go to non league games often, do you?

and yeah I am able to write this challenge of yours off about non-league football being a haven of purity of soul. Dressing room banter (bullying), initiation processes; such as Tabasco sauce on your nob, drinking concoctions of piss, fag dimps and shaving cream. Referees getting battered after games. Seen it all. (The Tabasco thing was voluntary :D)

and yeah I am able to write this challenge of yours off about non-league football being a haven of purity of soul. Dressing room banter (bullying), initiation processes; such as Tabasco sauce on your nob, drinking concoctions of piss, fag dimps and shaving cream. Referees getting battered after games. Seen it all. (The Tabasco thing was voluntary :D)
Quite possibly winner of Strawman of the Week. I'm sorry you painted yourself into a corner with your ill-informed claims because I can see you're hurting inside, but now that you're acting like a complete bellend, I'm afraid my discourse with you ends right here. Enjoy your day.

Refs getting battered after games? :D Maybe if they weren't bastards eh? Also, aside from a handful of Sunday league freakouts, it's a non event. I think you might have confused non league with pub league or Sunday league. Or maybe even the latest iteration of FIFA or Pro Evo.

I do hope you limbered up before that mighty reach. Wouldn't want to strain a muscle as well as credulity. :D

About the only time you'll find actual sectarianism in football will be when the club has a strong tradition of support from a subset of a religious group and off the top of my head that doesn't exist in England. The nearest would the the Auld Firm.

I do hope you limbered up before that mighty reach. Wouldn't want to strain a muscle as well as credulity. :D

About the only time you'll find actual sectarianism in football will be when the club has a strong tradition of support from a subset of a religious group and off the top of my head that doesn't exist in England. The nearest would the the Auld Firm.

I don’t think It’s exclusive to religion. About the only time you’ll find ‘actual sectarianism’ - alluding to religious affiliations - is the Old Firm is it?

Refs getting battered after games? :D Maybe if they weren't bastards eh? Also, aside from a handful of Sunday league freakouts, it's a non event. I think you might have confused non league with pub league or Sunday league. Or maybe even the latest iteration of FIFA or Pro Evo.

non-league - meaning not in the Football League

Back
Top Bottom