Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

VAR and the Premier League

I'm not sure VAR was the issue in Spurs-Newcastle, but the new handball rules. Dier clearly handled the ball, but unless it had been at the Stretford end 1986-2013 the penalty wouldn't have been given before this season, VAR or not.

New rules plus FIFA taking over regulation of VAR to ensure its rules are enforced with out any national deviation . Both the Spanish and Italian leagues adopted the new handball rule last season but the EPL didn’t . Both the former leagues saw a huge increase in penalties .
Meanwhile the vast majority of football across the world still lets the referee on the pitch make decisions .

However confusing it is we had the same situation a couple of years ago when Hazard was brought down for a penalty in the final against Trafford United . Only a yellow card as ‘an attempt ‘ was made to play the ball.

However confusing it is we had the same situation a couple of years ago when Hazard was brought down for a penalty in the final against Trafford United . Only a yellow card as ‘an attempt ‘ was made to play the ball.

Final at Old Trafford?

I didnt think VAR was used.
I watched the rugby league final yesterday (cracking match). VAR checked every try. You could hear and see everything they looked at and were saying. Very well used and footie should learn from that

for that decision it was, or at least Sky said it had been checked

I didnt think VAR was used.
I watched the rugby league final yesterday (cracking match). VAR checked every try. You could hear and see everything they looked at and were saying. Very well used and footie should learn from that

Incredible that they haven't isn't it. I always attend more closely to the VAR than the play itself because you see exactly what happened. Does show the arrogance of the FA "we're going to invent it all from scratch again" and make a ballsup.

Is it true the new handball rule has been repealed revised? A friend mentioned it but i cant find a link confirming

Last edited:
Much as I like him as a player, Kane too. He was watching the player coming in and walked back making a back for him who was clearly just trying to head the ball. Other player landed right on his back and could have had a serious injury if he'd landed on his neck say.

Almost a sending off for dangerous play for me, nowhere near a penalty that only encourages the cheats.

Much as I like him as a player, Kane too. He was watching the player coming in and walked back making a back for him who was clearly just trying to head the ball. Other player landed right on his back and could have had a serious injury if he'd landed on his neck say.

Almost a sending off for dangerous play for me, nowhere near a penalty that only encourages the cheats.
THANK YOU

Very dubious penalty and even worse sending off via a second yellow in the Champions League in the Chelsea game via VAR . Apparently it’s the same laws/ rules but you can have different interpretations in different countries 😂

You can argue whether this poll on the Leicester game commentary on BBC is representative. You can't argue much with the results.

Armpits offsides, handballs.
Is VAR improving the game?
Hit the thumbs.
Article Reactions

785 likes785

• Dislike
    11004 dislikes11K

Back
Top Bottom