Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

VAR and the Premier League

I quite agree Agricola. They got the Da Silva one right and also the Toney offisde for the Brentford goal so it's an example of how VAR should be used.

FA Cup not Prem but there was another good decision on the false Smith Rowe red card in the Arsenal v Newcastle game.

Another correct deicison in Leicester v Chelsea with the Johnny Evans tackle on Pulisic. Would have been penalty if the on-pitch referee had been in charge alone but was redefined to a free kick.

Did they get the correct decision on the Rodri offside in the CIty versus Villa game? I no longer think I know what the rules of the game are to be honest.

They thought so on MoTD. I suppose that's right because you're only offside if someone from your own team touches it aren't you?

I get confused when a player passes forward to someone on his team who's offside but in between the ball touches someone from the defending side. Feels like it shouldn't be offside but I suppose the player was offside before being played onside ... so to speak.

Discussing the offside rule :facepalm:

Yep totally agree with that. Again, why the fuck the FA didn't learn from rugby is beyond me - has to be arrogance really.

Unless they cut something out, also really quick decision. The way it's done over here is worst of all worlds - takes ages and nobody knows what's going on. The speed with which they get cricket replays (for example) shows up whatever system the FA is using as crap.

I'm no Brighton fan but I'm a bit confused by why it wasn't a goal - the ref had blown his whistle seconds before he put it in. Fucking weird.

Back
Top Bottom