Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Vaping - Your Positive Experiences and General Annoyances

This is what I have, except the mini one. It's great.

I still smoke the occasional rolly. But I feel much better generally for vaping. I just get my liquid from Sainsbury's now. I tried all the flavours, liked some, and hated others. It just became simpler to get a menthol one from Sainsbury's as I go past one every day.

I quite vaping and now just either have a mini j a day, or nothing at all....... I found vaping was gunking up all my sinuses and giving me constant low lying sore throats, which I just can't have with my hobbies.

I actually wondered if vaping is good for avoiding colds because I don't think I have had one since starting. When I mentioned this another time on here there were others who have had colds so perhaps there is nothing in it.

I do love to have a clean mouth after years of smoking fags though.

I’ll happily shill for this lot LiQuid E Liquid - £1 Incredibly Awesome UK Made Cheap 10ml E-LiQuid Faultless experience, though they do run out of stuff sometimes. 9/10.

That’s the stuff I use. Bugger all flavour, minimal steam cloud. But nicotine. Lots and lots of lovely nicotine. :rolleyes::facepalm::thumbs:

Not gonna lie, that seems alarmingly cheap. Also, whilst I only want menthol, I do actually want to be able to taste it (since I don't have nicotine any more, really need a double menthol hit!). So if the flavour's no good, prolly give it a miss

Not gonna lie, that seems alarmingly cheap. Also, whilst I only want menthol, I do actually want to be able to taste it (since I don't have nicotine any more, really need a double menthol hit!). So if the flavour's no good, prolly give it a miss
I have been using onepoundliquid for a couple of years, I find their flavours fine and I only take the menthol ones now. Every few weeks I order 15 lots and a couple of days later a package arrives, they are very reliable.

10ml bottles are a faff though.

Mixing has never been easier, the bottles come with a bit of concentrate and you just top it up. 250ml costs about £15 even if you do the expensive way and buy a kit.

"Adam, who vaped nicotine and THC products..." (bold is mine) this seems to be the common element

Some of the cases, but not most, involved nicotine-only products - sounds to me like the people who got sick were probably buying cheap shitty vape liquid from somebody's basement factory or over the Internet from China or somewhere.

From the New York Times:

"There are several theories. One is that some dangerous chemical or combination of chemicals has been introduced into the pipeline of vaping products. Public health officials believe that when people vape this noxious cocktail, it sets off a dangerous, even lethal, reaction inside the lungs. These officials have said repeatedly that they do not yet know which substance or device may be causing this reaction, and that is the subject of their urgent investigation...

...Mitch Zeller, director for the Center for Tobacco Products at the F.D.A., said, “If you’re thinking of purchasing one of these products off the street, out of the back of a car, out of a trunk, in an alley, or if you’re going to then go home and make modifications to the product yourself using something that you purchased from some third party or got from a friend, think twice.”

A search for "vape juice" on AliBaba returns thousands of results, so it's not surprising that one of these many manufacturers made some deadly fuck-up somewhere along the line. Unfortunately, it's probably more politically expedient for Trump etc. to just start banning things instead of regulating them.

vapejuice.png

And to no one's surprise:

One million people in England now vape despite never having been regular smokers, a seven-fold increase in just three years, according to research that has prompted alarm among health experts.

Rates of e-cigarette use among adults who had never regularly smoked were stable until 2021, when one in 200 – about 133,000 people – were vapers. However, the proportion has increased sharply to one in 28 in 2024 – 1,006,000 people – a study published in The Lancet Public Health journal suggests.

Separate figures from the Office for National Statistics also published this week show 5.1 million people aged 16 or over in Britain – about one in 10 – use e-cigarettes. Vaping rates were highest among those aged 16 to 24, at 15.8%, the ONS found.

Prof Nick Hopkinson, a respiratory physician and chair of Action on Smoking and Health, said: “Vaping has helped millions of adults quit smoking and is much less harmful than smoking. However, it is not risk-free and high levels of use among young people and growing use among never smokers is a concern.”

Back
Top Bottom