Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Vaping - Your Positive Experiences and General Annoyances

I find ecigs very unreliable and often messali so. My most recent one broke when I was in the pub, I stormed off and bought tobacco. I haven’t smoked full-time for years, but it‘s when I am having a few drinks I really, need a smoke. The fruit flavoured and sweet flavoured mixtures are all utterly rank. I like coffee or mint. Tobacco ones, don’t even go there.

Oh I started with tobacco flavoured ones because I wanted to replace fags as effectively as I could, now I have moved onto mint/menthol types which don't smell as much.

No. Why do you seem so desperate to worsen my problems? Not particularly funny.
Sorry, I’m really not joking about with this particular line of enquiry. I’m genuinely glad that your heart seems fine. I just know that artery problems are often both leg and heart. I’ll leave it, but I wasn’t pissing about with you.

Tell me how lovely it is being free of nicotine. I need some inspiration mate. I’m sick of being addicted to stuff. I know it’s only nicotine but the last time I didn’t have any addiction at all I was 14 :facepalm: I’d love to be free, and I’m on the cusp. Push me over :D

As mad as it seems, nicotine leaves your system after 24 hours or so and that’s it. It’s the whole smoking thing that’s hardest to kick, and now it seems the whole vaping thing. But that first 24 hours can be really hard, but ultimately worthwhile...

Sorry, I’m really not joking about with this particular line of enquiry. I’m genuinely glad that your heart seems fine. I just know that artery problems are often both leg and heart. I’ll leave it, but I wasn’t pissing about with you.

No, you're dead right. I am greatly more at risk of a heart attack. Maybe I misread your intent, and I'm sorry if so.

But for now, yeah, alive.

As mad as it seems, nicotine leaves your system after 24 hours or so and that’s it. It’s the whole smoking thing that’s hardest to kick, and now it seems the whole vaping thing. But that first 24 hours can be really hard, but ultimately worthwhile...
No nicotine gives me terrible rabbit brain. I can’t concentrate, everything feels sketchy as fuck, irritable, foggy brain. That goes on for more than 24 hours for me, but I’ve never got past 3 days before I caved.

I’ve got a week off for half term soon and only one boy. I’m seriously thinking about giving it a crack.

honestly, my best advice is keep "having a fag" - the stepping out, the deep breathing, the focussing on a brief ritual, all have a part to play. i don't have anything to miss these days :)

<edit> eids, they can't always tell you in advance how exactly you're going to die, but it happens anyway x
A friend was told by their GP, death by heart attack before the age of 65.
Apparently all their relatives have gone that way.
They seem to have taken it well in the circs.

No nicotine gives me terrible rabbit brain. I can’t concentrate, everything feels sketchy as fuck, irritable, foggy brain. That goes on for more than 24 hours for me, but I’ve never got past 3 days before I caved.

I’ve got a week off for half term soon and only one boy. I’m seriously thinking about giving it a crack.

All traces of it should be gone from your body in 2 weeks, max. But the effect it has on your brain should be gone in a day. Possibly something else going on when you’ve stopped before, the whole stopping smoking thing fucked with my head massively. Your GP really can help with this, if you truly want to do it, get some help and go for it. If not I don’t suppose vaping is so bad, certainly compared to smoking!

honestly, my best advice is keep "having a fag" - the stepping out, the deep breathing, the focussing on a brief ritual, all have a part to play. i don't have anything to miss these days :)

Oh yeah, when I stopped I still went downstairs at work with the smokers for every fag break, that way I got five minutes away from my desk and also felt that I wasn’t missing out. Except when it was pissing down, then I stayed in and felt smug.

Last edited:
i only started smoking fags again when i went back to college :oops: the fag break was an unassailable *point of sanity* in my otherwise turbulent days. on reflection it's much more than just the nicotine...

I stopped smoking, cold turkey in 2010 Edie
It was genuinely the habit that was hard to break, not the days. I think there was about a week of continually worrying I'd forgotten to do something. Then gaps in this nagging feeling appeared, then the gaps got wider, then within maybe a month it felt like my subconscious had completely forgotten I ever smoked.

It gets easier.

Still using the same £25 vape kit I bought three years ago. Charge doesn't last as long as it used to, and I have to tip it upside down for a minute or two now and then if it starts bubbling, but other than that, it's fine.

Fags down 75% over the period. The rents brought me back 200 from holiday last month, and I expect they'll last me till xmas.

Big massive clouds of vapour.

Not sure how we've gone from those small discrete e-cigs to the big feck off ones that leave your head wreathed in smoke.

My general annoyance is cunts vaping and blowing clouds of sickly smelling shit everywhere who then get the hump when you point out you don't want to breath that shit in because "hey it's just vaping man it's not bad for you"

Fuck off.

I’ve had a few moaners myself. Unfortunately I point out that they’re sitting in the smoking area (pub beer garden) and the solution is they go inside. :D

My annoyance at the moment is coils. The smok ones from the shop I use last no longer than a couple of days. I got recommended a decent tank called the horizon tech falcon but unfortunately I can only get the coils online and I think I keep gettting sold contefeits. I was coughing so hard the other day off one that I’ve bruised my ribs. :mad:

Aspire cleito coils for me! Amazon 14quid for 5 (genuine) coils. Last around 1.5 to 2 weeks each. Get vape online 240ml for about 15quid posted...... 240ml lasts about 2/3 months.......... Love it!

Aspire cleito coils for me! Amazon 14quid for 5 (genuine) coils. Last around 1.5 to 2 weeks each. Get vape online 240ml for about 15quid posted...... 240ml lasts about 2/3 months.......... Love it!

I use Aspire too, and get around 2 weeks out of them.

What site do you use for liquid?

I've been using one of these...
upload_2018-10-11_12-52-44.png

for 2 years (well it's an earlier version, the Arc 3). No problems.

Coils last me 2 weeks.

I’ve been vaping for just over a year now and fuck me isn’t it more expensive than it ought to be? From mods that fail within a month, coils that last ten minutes yet at least they’re not counterfeit, maintenance programmes and back-up battery plans that’d shame any hospital...
Experiences, good or bad.
I almost feel like fucking it off at times; just seems a money making scam for corrupt cunts.
What says you?

Not had any probs - coils about £1.50 a pop - they last a few weeks. Maybe the price of a pint a week on the fluids. £20 for the original kit.
Compared to fags - bargain-tastic, much less deathy and very easy (practically speaking) to wean down on the nicotine.

Downside - easy to maintain the addiction and still *slightly* deathy.

Am nearly at the point where I just have it in my pocket if I'm likely to be around smokers.
Will prob hold onto it for the occasional bit of CBD.

Back
Top Bottom