Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

US War veterans against the Iraqi War

goldenecitrone said:
I don't think they allow retards in the US military, they might dribble over all the expensive hardware.

I'm sure that the US military took that into consideration when designing their weapons.

nino_savatte said:
Lew Rockwell too, eh? Interesting...but only because he's the head of the Mises Institute iirc.
I'm not sure what the Mises Institute is but Pilger wrote that particular article.

Bernie Gunther said:
Logically, if yammie supports the war and has no disability preventing it, he should join the US military and show his support in person.

Yeah a bit like than other American military hero who comes here a certain Mr Mears...neither of whom have the balls to actually put their political rethoric into action by "serving their country"...Where as these people who have actually put their lives on the line..are now being ridiculed by yammie and his mates who are moral cowards quite happy for others to go and die in their name.

cemertyone said:
Bernie Gunther said:
Logically, if yammie supports the war and has no disability preventing it, he should join the US military and show his support in person.

Yeah a bit like than other American military hero who comes here a certain Mr Mears...neither of whom have the balls to actually put their political rethoric into action by "serving their country"...Where as these people who have actually put their lives on the line..are now being ridiculed by yammie and his mates who are moral cowards quite happy for others to go and die in their name.
I suspect the hostility is because if he allowed himself even to provisionally believe for a moment that the reality of his midnight fantasies about 'mighty American warriors' was as these guys say, the rather sordid benefits he derives from supporting them like they were one of those costumed pro wrestling teams the yanks go in for, would simply disappear.

Therefore if he wants to preserve his fantasies, he must avoid the reality.

spring-peeper said:
It reminds me that America sent it's youth into a situation that they were not prepared for and that most will be suffer mental anguish for the rest of their lives due to the horrors that they both saw and did.

:mad: at the US for doing this to their own youth.

But not so much the pesky Iraqi's who's deaths are merely incidental, collateral perhaps even, because it's obvious the real tragedy here is the dirtying of American hands.

foreigner said:
But not so much the pesky Iraqi's who's deaths are merely incidental, collateral perhaps even, because it's obvious the real tragedy here is the dirtying of American hands.

Americans such as yammie tend to see the Iraqis as sub-human. I was hoping that they would show more compassion for their own people.

sigh :(

rogue yam said:
Hee, hee. Pilger.

Hee. Hee. wanna be Rambo... ;) but not quite upto the grade and considering how the U.S. Army are so desperate for recruits it seems such a shame that our very own " All american hero" isn`t doing his bit for his beloved country.
Abit like all the other republican senators and Congressmen not a single one of whom has any family member currently serving in the " Iraqi theater of operations"....They talk the talk..but talk is cheap.

spring-peeper said:
Americans such as yammie tend to see the Iraqis as sub-human. I was hoping that they would show more compassion for their own people.

I see your logic. But in a way this is like the 'shift to the right' that happens in politics.

I refuse to compromise, they can't see Iraqi's as human and can't see the primary tragedy when wars occur is the death of civilians caused by the soldiers of the invader, then fuck'em, they're too far gone already.
Effectively you might end up justifying use of greater air power to preverve American lives as an alternative to American soldiers dying. And then don't bbother to report on the aerial bombardment of towns and villages anymore so long as the precious American soldiers are safe.

rogue yam said:
It does bolster my argument. The BBC was unacceptably disgraceful, and the others were worse. You're a retard. And by exactly whom is the BBC renowned?
Still using such grown up comments are you sickboy? :rolleyes:

rogue yam said:
It does bolster my argument. The BBC was unacceptably disgraceful, and the others were worse. You're a retard. And by exactly whom is the BBC renowned?
errr...every single credible international body which gives out news broadcast/reporetage awards. the Beeb has won more than any other news media organisation.
an awful lot of journalists; just about every poll conducted in that trade, on the question of whom the pro's rate, sees the beeb at or near the top (and natch, beating every single US news media hollow).
Political prisoners; AI has heard countless times of how BBC WS was a huge morale vooster for them, when they could get it.

rogue yam said:
is there even the slightest, faintest, most minute chance that you are gonna back up your laughable assertions with anything that could possibly be described as 'substantiating evidence', or are you simply going to continue spewing incoherent bile?

spring-peeper said:

I see your logic. But in a way this is like the 'shift to the right' that happens in politics.

I refuse to compromise, they can't see Iraqi's as human and can't see the primary tragedy when wars occur is the death of civilians caused by the soldiers of the invader, then fuck'em, they're too far gone already.
Effectively you might end up justifying use of greater air power to preverve American lives as an alternative to American soldiers dying. And then don't bbother to report on the aerial bombardment of towns and villages anymore so long as the precious American soldiers are safe.

Or to put it another way, you're allowing the cunts to dictate the bounds of the debate, handing them the context. Refuse to do it mate.

Ae589 said:
Because he's too busy trying to f*ck up these forums.

It's probably more along the lines of him being far too cowardly to enlist and put his misearable life at risk so he (and many of his fellow chickenhawk republican cowards) pose and posture on the web and tell themselves there's some kind of equivalence between being an armchair warrior and risking your neck.

Needless to say the cowards are wrong.

goldenecitrone said:
I don't think they allow retards in the US military, they might dribble over all the expensive hardware.

He'd have his jaw busted within about 30 seconds of being sworn in. he just wouldn't be able to stop himself back-chatting the drill sergeant and calling him a retard. :)

foreigner said:

Or to put it another way, you're allowing the cunts to dictate the bounds of the debate, handing them the context. Refuse to do it mate.

They are my neighbours and our history's are intertwined. Twice we have had a wave of immigrants fleeing from their country - first during their American Revolution and then during the Viet Nam mess. We welcome their refugees and they enhance the fabric of our country.

I'm not justifying the USG postition, you can't justify the unjustifiable. It just makes me sad.

spring-peeper said:
They are my neighbours and our history's are intertwined. Twice we have had a wave of immigrants fleeing from their country - first during their American Revolution and then during the Viet Nam mess. We welcome their refugees and they enhance the fabric of our country.

I'm not justifying the USG postition, you can't justify the unjustifiable. It just makes me sad.

I don't mean Americans generaly are cunts, I mean there is a tendency for people who are against imperialisms to let pro-imperialist priorities dominate the debate. Lets talk about the loss-of-lives of our soldiers as the primary tragedy, eventually no longer bothering to mention how it sucks that civilians are the ones dying most, in a war that is the invaders creation. I don't agree with that.

foreigner said:
I don't mean Americans generaly are cunts, I mean there is a tendency for people who are against imperialisms to let pro-imperialist priorities dominate the debate. Lets talk about the loss-of-lives of our soldiers as the primary tragedy, eventually no longer bothering to mention how it sucks that civilians are the ones dying most, in a war that is the invaders creation. I don't agree with that.

I know what you mean and I'm in full agreement with you.

ViolentPanda said:
It's probably more along the lines of him being far too cowardly to enlist and put his misearable life at risk so he (and many of his fellow chickenhawk republican cowards) pose and posture on the web and tell themselves there's some kind of equivalence between being an armchair warrior and risking your neck.

Needless to say the cowards are wrong.
Me thinks spammy has a new nick :D

cemertyone said:
...considering how the U.S. Army are so desperate for recruits...

...like all the other republican senators and Congressmen not a single one of whom has any family member currently serving in the " Iraqi theater of operations"...
You lie twice.

Red Jezza said:
errr...every single credible international body which gives out news broadcast/reporetage awards. the Beeb has won more than any other news media organisation.
Circle jerk.

Red Jezza said:
is there even the slightest, faintest, most minute chance that you are gonna back up your laughable assertions with anything that could possibly be described as 'substantiating evidence'
You are a moron. The evidence is in my initial post. Unacceptable to whom? To the men of the Royal Navy!

foreigner said:
There is also the effect that US reluctance to take casualties has on the likelihood of Iraqi civilians being slaughtered. There are too many accounts of US patrols coming under attack and blasting everything in sight with the heavy weapons on their armoured vehicles or shooting the shit out of civilians at checkpoints to doubt that their fear of casualties makes them insanely trigger-happy considering that they are claiming to be there to help the Iraqis.

Back
Top Bottom