Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

US government says ‘pink slime’ can now be called ground beef

Vegetables in some areas of China are still fertilized by human waste, obviously in the UK its animal waste. Chicken shit is used as a high notogen feed for green leave production. There was a tradition of using pigs blood for leeks and fish and bone for other veg. The Romans used rotting fish.

... and that was just in the sauce.

The average home kitchen and person is probably less clean than the factory.
I've only worked in one, night shift in a popular cake manufacturing place. And the addition one of my colleagues flicked into the skip of marzipan after a gentleman's rest in the lav was enough to make home hygiene the preferable choice for a food gamble.

I've only worked in one, night shift in a popular cake manufacturing place. And the addition one of my colleagues flicked into the skip of marzipan after a gentleman's rest in the lav was enough to make home hygiene the preferable choice for a food gamble.

People who do that kind of vile shit need their heads fucking kicked in. Did you dob him in at least?

The-Smitths-Meat-Is-Murder-Featured-Image.jpg

Posting "infographics" from the "Food Babe"? Really? I thought better of you.

That does seem to be the actual ingredient list for each product, with no distortions that I can see.

The main take-home message for me would be that both products are very high in sugar, so don’t use too much.

That does seem to be the actual ingredient list for each product, with no distortions that I can see.

The main take-home message for me would be that both products are very high in sugar, so don’t use too much.

The American version contains slightly more sugar, from what I can calculate. By "slightly" I mean 0.22666666666666666666666666666667 grams per gram vs 0.23529411764705882352941176470588 grams per gram.

tomatosauce-uk.jpg

tomatosauce-us.jpg

Aside from that?

Only big difference between the two seems to be that the US version has corn syrup instead of sugar, same as just about every other processed food in America.

I don't know what "Natural Flavoring" is supposed to be though - doesn't that cover literally anything found in nature?

Only big difference between the two seems to be that the US version has corn syrup instead of sugar, same as just about every other processed food in America.

I don't know what "Natural Flavoring" is supposed to be though - doesn't that cover literally anything found in nature?

From the FDA:

(3) The term natural flavor or natural flavoring means the essential oil, oleoresin, essence or extractive, protein hydrolysate, distillate, or any product of roasting, heating or enzymolysis, which contains the flavoring constituents derived from a spice, fruit or fruit juice, vegetable or vegetable juice, edible yeast, herb, bark, bud, root, leaf or similar plant material, meat, seafood, poultry, eggs, dairy products, or fermentation products thereof, whose significant function in food is flavoring rather than nutritional. Natural flavors, include the natural essence or extractives obtained from plants listed in subpart A of part 582 of this chapter, and the substances listed in 172.510 of this chapter.

So in this case I imagine it would be some kind of tomato extracts or something along those lines. No animal products apparently, especially since they use HFCS rather than brown or white sugar, which in the US at least could be processed using bone char from cattle.

Good Canadians do not buy Hienz ketchup.

We use Frenches.

Frenchies uses Canadian tomatoes and makes the ketchup in Canada.

Hienz used to make their ketchup in Canada, they made it here for more than a century. Then they turn their back on our manufacturing and move it to the States.

The consumer action against Hienz was effective enough to prompt this article

Don't hate us, pleads American-owned manufacturer of Canadian foods

The American version contains slightly more sugar, from what I can calculate. By "slightly" I mean 0.22666666666666666666666666666667 grams per gram vs 0.23529411764705882352941176470588 grams per gram.

tomatosauce-uk.jpg

tomatosauce-us.jpg

Aside from that?

It's an OUTRAGE!!! :mad:

Yeah, notice how the slippery cunts chose not to put “Almost an extra 4% sugar in your ketchup” on the side of a bus. The people should have another say now they know the facts.

Ah, but it's not just "Corn Syrup" but "High Fructose Corn Syrup" which is produced by a highly secretive process and the product is dirt cheap and dodgy as fuck for health. It was only starting to be used in stuff when I lived in the US. Most stuff was still sweetened with sugar from cane or beets. The only artificial sweetener was saccarine until Xylitol and Asparatame came out sometime in the mid 80's I think. HFCS is now in everything, including stuff you wouldn't normally put sugar or sweetener in, like canned green beans. I remember adverts when they started to market it - farmer standing in fields of corn (maize), extolling the virtues of this "natural" product (well, it starts with corn I guess,) oh so wholesome, blah blah. Even the name fructose makes people think of fruit, so must be healthier than ordinary sugar.

This article explains a bit more about it.

https://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/modern-foods/the-murky-world-of-high-fructose-corn-syrup/

...studies with two groups of rats, one given high amounts of glucose and one given high amounts of fructose. The glucose group was unaffected but the fructose group had disastrous results. The male rats did not reach adulthood. They had anemia, high cholesterol and heart hypertrophy–that means that their hearts enlarged until they exploded. They also had delayed testicular development. Dr. Field explains that fructose in combination with copper deficiency in the growing animal interferes with collagen production. (Copper deficiency, by the way, is widespread in America.) In a nutshell, the little bodies of the rats just fell apart. The females were not so affected, but they were unable to produce live young.
HFCS contains more fructose than sugar and this fructose is more immediately available because it is not bound up in sucrose. Since the effects of fructose are most severe in the growing organism, we need to think carefully about what kind of sweeteners we give to our children. Fruit juices should be strictly avoided–they are very high in fructose–but so should anything with HFCS.

Last edited:
Ah, another thing that's likely to be included in any trade "deal" with the US, alongside accepting chlorine washed chicken, hormone stuffed beef, pink sludge, etc. - they want to change labelling so it's no longer required to state the origin of food. For all the people saying, "Oh, I'll just make sure I buy my Scotch beef from the butcher," or "I'll still buy British," it will be hard to do that if foods don't have to be labelled. You could go to the farm, choose and butcher the animal yourself I suppose. :hmm:

Ah, another thing that's likely to be included in any trade "deal" with the US, alongside accepting chlorine washed chicken, hormone stuffed beef, pink sludge, etc. - they want to change labelling so it's no longer required to state the origin of food. For all the people saying, "Oh, I'll just make sure I buy my Scotch beef from the butcher," or "I'll still buy British," it will be hard to do that if foods don't have to be labelled. You could go to the farm, choose and butcher the animal yourself I suppose. :hmm:
Just remember what they did to Cadburys. The bastards.

Reactions: CRI
The Soil Association summed up some of the risks of a deal that would weaken EU food standards.

Top 10 Food Safety Risks Posed By A Future Transatlantic Trade Deal Soil Association policy briefing, January 2018

I don't have it to hand, but I did see a piece citing the frequency of food poisoning in the US compared to the UK and it was much, much higher. I think people there just accept it's a "thing" that happens, where here it would be in the local papers if there was an outbreak somewhere.

Anecdata, I know, but growing up, it wasn't unusual to get "stomach flu" once or twice a year, with vomiting and diarrhoea. One thing I noticed when I moved to the UK was that I very rarely got it. I think in the past 30 odd years, I've maybe had it half a dozen times - that's it. I'm sure some episodes of "flu" I had back then were probably food poisoning - and that was before the food industry went as weird as it is now.

The Soil Association summed up some of the risks of a deal that would weaken EU food standards.

Top 10 Food Safety Risks Posed By A Future Transatlantic Trade Deal Soil Association policy briefing, January 2018

I don't have it to hand, but I did see a piece citing the frequency of food poisoning in the US compared to the UK and it was much, much higher. I think people there just accept it's a "thing" that happens, where here it would be in the local papers if there was an outbreak somewhere.

Anecdata, I know, but growing up, it wasn't unusual to get "stomach flu" once or twice a year, with vomiting and diarrhoea. One thing I noticed when I moved to the UK was that I very rarely got it. I think in the past 30 odd years, I've maybe had it half a dozen times - that's it. I'm sure some episodes of "flu" I had back then were probably food poisoning - and that was before the food industry went as weird as it is now.
Yep. And the difference is huge.
The US reports higher rates of illness from foodborne illness than in the UK. Annually, 14.7% (48m) of the US population suffer from an illness, versus 1.5% (1m) in the UK. ... The US Centre of Disease Control and Prevention reports around 380 deaths in the US each year attributed to foodborne salmonella poisoning.
Fears new trade deals with US will increase UK food poisoning | Sustain

Good Canadians do not buy Hienz ketchup.

We use Frenches.

Frenchies uses Canadian tomatoes and makes the ketchup in Canada.

Hienz used to make their ketchup in Canada, they made it here for more than a century. Then they turn their back on our manufacturing and move it to the States.

The consumer action against Hienz was effective enough to prompt this article

Don't hate us, pleads American-owned manufacturer of Canadian foods

What went wrong at Kraft Heinz - CNN

Not a word about Canadians boycotting their products.:(

Back
Top Bottom