Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

US election 2012

Just got up from a nap that went on about an hour longer than I intended (I'm a serial snooze abuser); hoping that'll help see me through. Also going to attempt to build a flat pack DVD shelf from Ikea to help keep me active; this could prove to be the most foolish move of the election :hmm:

Laptop is busted so stuck with my iPhone and flicking between BBC and PBS on the TV.

Guardian:
In Virginia, the exit polls shows Obama winning just 34% of the white vote. In 2008, he won 39%. If that sort of slippage continues throughout the swing states, then Obama's margins will be dangerously thin.

The racial element to this is mental. Imagine Dimbleby banging on about how many 'Blacks' were voting for Miliband in 2015.

A woman attempting to vote in West Boca Raton this morning was initially prohibited from entering the polling place because she was wearing a t-shirt with the letters MIT.

BocaNewsNow.com has heard from multiple sources that an election supervisor at the polling place ultimately realized that MIT stands for “Massachusetts Institute of Technology” — a school where students tend to know how to spell — and was not a campaign shirt for the Republican candidate, who spells his name MITT.

Campaigning is not permitted within several yards of a polling place. The woman was ultimately allowed to vote.

http://bocanewsnow.com/2012/11/06/woman-wearing-mit-shirt-banned-from-voting-in-boca-raton/

Don't forget possibility some precints will be very late in Florida due to long lines waiting to vote

Democrat areas count earlier, not enough of a lead to win it

S Carolina called for Romeny - but only by 6%, comparatively low

Democrat areas count earlier, not enough of a lead to win it

S Carolina called for Romeny - but only by 6%, comparatively low
Obama campaign toyed with campaigning in SC four years ago. It'll be red for a while yet but migration from the north and other factors could bring it into play before many more elections

Obama campaign toyed with campaigning in SC four years ago. It'll be red for a while yet but migration from the north and other factors could bring it into play before many more elections

That day will be far, far in the future.

All I see here is a massive amount of contempt for anyone who hasn't managed to be as enlightened as the amazing people posting here who have opted out of the current political system. There's no empathy. There's no compassion. There's no real caring about the conditions people live in. All there is is contempt, in almost equal measure as the contempt you feel for the politicians.
All this "contempt" and "enlightenment" bullshit is just projection. I'm not contemptuous of voters, I don't think non-voters are enlightened. I'm just taking about how the electoral system is, and how your vote give the people running a blank cheque. You don't want to deal with that, so you're projecting.

It's also got a big student population. Most of whom i met and hung out with were very much liberal and pro-Obama.

I liked it there. But it only recently got rid of Jesse Helms and the Confederate Flag. So it'll take a while.

It's also got a big student population. Most of whom i met and hung out with were very much liberal and pro-Obama.

I liked it there. But it only recently got rid of Jesse Helms and the Confederate Flag. So it'll take a while.
indeed

Back
Top Bottom