Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

US election 2012

Watching Al-Jaz which at least is not doing weird graphics but is looking at issues.I think I may have got my units intake wrong,can't see me lasting past 2am.

The BBC have called Indiana for Romney, though apparently he said he isnt going to come out again since Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was so unbelievably bad.

According to the economist, this is going to be a cake walk for Obama:

There are 19 states, totalling 237 electoral votes, which are so safely Democratic that Mr Romney did not bother to contest any of them until the final weeks of the campaign: CA, OR, WA, NM, MN, IL, MI, PA, HI, DE, MD, DC, NJ, NY, VT, CT, RI, MA and ME. Beyond those, Mr Obama appears to have an unassailable lead in Nevada, and the presence of Paul Ryan on the Republican ticket does not seem to have moved the needle in Mr Romney’s favour in Wisconsin. Adding those two states to the president’s tally, all he needs is Ohio to reach the magic number of 270 electoral votes—and he has consistently led the polls there by over two percentage points. Even if Mr Romney wins all of Colorado, Virginia, New Hampshire, Florida and Iowa, he would still lose the election if he cannot break through Mr Obama’s Midwestern “firewall” of Wisconsin and Ohio. The campaign is being fought almost entirely on Mr Romney’s turf.
Mr Romney faces such an uphill battle in the electoral college that most quantitative calculations regard the race as anything but too close to call. Nate Silver of the New York Times’s FiveThirtyEight blog, the best-known of the forecasters, currently gives Mr Obama an 86% chance to win. Sam Wang of the Princeton Election Consortium puts him at an even more generous 98%.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyinamerica/2012/11/presidential-race-0

CNN calls Kentucky for Romney and Vermont for Obama. No surprises there

Fox calls Georgia for Romney. CNN and Fox won't call South Carolina, weirdly.

First Virginia exit poll has 49% apiece

Will Ohio and Florida be done before I'm too drunk to stay awake?

I usually stay up all night to watch these things - but it's been a long week at the office...

Obama's gonna win.

Yep, if Virginia's close then Obama has it.

Indiana will get closer than present once the bigger cities start declaring I think. Still a Romney win but not by 70-30

I have a very bad feeling about this. I remember waking up to the 2000 George Bush result with a feeling of utter disbelief and sheer hatred. I think this is gonna be the same.

Guardian reports that 75% of Ohio voters approved of the auto-bailout. Potentially election winning that

CNN exit poll indicates that Latino vote makes up 10% of the total poll for the first time ever

Guardian:

Richard Mourdock, God's chosen representative on earth to explain the mysteries of rape, is leading in the Indiana senate race by just 2,000 votes, with 7% of precincts in. And that's with the better parts of the state for him reporting.

Sounds hopeful for the Dems

He stands as an independent these days and as part of the Democratic Caucus in Congress.
He's always formally stood as an independent - tho has identified far more closely with the Democrats since standing for Senate (rather than Congress)

Virginia exit poll shows Obama won 51% of the vote from people who attend religious services more than once a week. Hmmm :confused:

Back
Top Bottom