Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

US election 2012

If they stopped countoing in Miami & Broward now, Obama would still win.

That'll do me, bedtime.

See you in a Republican morning.

Fox news is fascinating, they just had a female commentator basically saying that Women should have based their vote on the economy and not on their reproductive rights - she said that women had disappointed her
Rather than suggesting the Republicans focus on the economy and leave reproductive rights well enough alone.

They make it an issue, can't complain when the voters respond to it.

Fox news is fascinating, they just had a female commentator basically saying that Women should have based their vote on the economy and not on their reproductive rights - she said that women had disappointed her

I suppose putting someone on the ticket who thought noone should get abortions - unless they were God - made it more of an issue that it should have been.

Rather than suggesting the Republicans focus on the economy and leave reproductive rights well enough alone.

They make it an issue, can't complain when the voters respond to it.
exactly , and the Republicans continue to be obsessed with abortion, rather like the Tories on Europe.

While I have a degree of sympathy with the view that women should vote on the issues not just women's issues, she has just basically admitted the republicans plan to fuck with reproductive rights...

Obama 24,000 behind in Virginia, 74% counted

Looks like Romney's got NC, just

Well that's what I initially thought. But there are plenty of Republican talking heads who are being quite open about how that change in demographics will mean that this will just continue to happen unless they change tack, and they're aware of how important it is. But of course, that section of the base is way behind that, and don't give a damn about changing demographics, other than wanting to change them back again.

I think they'll look to the popular vote which is actually for Romney at the minute. And this is a lot closer than it should have been given the disastrous campaign the Repubs have run, the farcical primaries and the lack of strength in upcoming politicians. So they'll vote some mentalist Tea Party person in again and probably get destroyed by Clinton (if she's up for it) and maybe then they'll actually get their act together.

I think they'll look to the popular vote which is actually for Romney at the minute. And this is a lot closer than it should have been given the disastrous campaign the Repubs have run, the farcical primaries and the lack of strength in upcoming politicians. So they'll vote some mentalist Tea Party person in again and probably get destroyed by Clinton (if she's up for it) and maybe then they'll actually get their act together.

Re: popular vote - wait for California

Obama looking OK in Iowa and Colorado so far

Closer than it should have been considering Obama barely bothered with NC. Bit of a Romneyfail tbh
True. Maybe the defence contractors are worried about giving an ex consultant sight of their contracts... Whatever else he is, he's a businessman and he'd make short work of some of the BS they put in the appendices....

Washington, Hawaii, Oregon and California called for Obama, Idaho for Romney

And gays, and guns. However bad our lot are, they are amateurs compared to some over there

Indeed, though the recent mumblings from certain ministers about lowering the abortion limit should be remembered at this time. It would be just like Hunt to take this issue, which has effectively destroyed nearly every Republican candidate who has built policy around it, and then try to promote it in a country even less likely to find it acceptable than the US is.

Guardian:
The Republicans gathered in a suite at the Mile High stadium overlooking Denver are beginning to fear the worst. Shoulders slumping, fewer whoops, pleading expressions as they gaze at the giant monitor showing Fox News.

Back
Top Bottom