Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

US election 2012

Fag break in Bristol, take over please belboid :)

But first, Arkansas and Tennessee called for Romney

my job's on the line tomorrow and im still sitting here drinking beer watching people on tv watching people on tv. id sack me.

Well, I said the same thing a bit further up the thread...

It is true, but they are still remarkably close, no matter what the final outcome. Winning at least one of the 'bellweather' counties already...
Bellwhether.

Dems have retaken the Connecticut Senate seat, was Joe Lieberman sitting as an Independent

These running totals we're seeing on our screens showing electoral college votes: do they include the votes of Senators who are not up for election this time around? Or do all the votes in a state go to the majority party, regardless of which party the senators are from? Not quite sure how that works...

Jesse Jackson in Ohio:

In Jackson's view, the attempt as he sees it to put off voters from exercise their right to vote has backfired. "The attempts to suppress the vote became a stimulus. It woke people up who might have been sleeping," he told me.
Jackson, who was in Cincinnati this week to campaign both for Barack Obama and for Sherrod Brown, the Democratic US senator for Ohio who has been fighting a tough battle with the state treasurer Josh Mandel, said he was struck by how determined voters were, particularly older ones. "I saw people wearing oxygen masks and in wheel chairs and on crutches determined to get to the polls."

These running totals we're seeing on our screens showing electoral college votes: do they include the votes of Senators who are not up for election this time around? Or do all the votes in a state go to the majority party, regardless of which party the senators are from? Not quite sure how that works...
Senators have nowt to do with the EC

Did anyone else just see Huckabee (on Fox) point out the ridiculousness of the whole black/white democrat/republican voting split?

This part is correct (Maine and Nebraska excepted).
Maine and Nebraska split their EC votes by Congressional districts. Last time, Obama picked up one vote in Nebraska when the 2nd district (around Omaha) went for him

Back
Top Bottom