Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban Clubbing Club

No mate , but will be going, its great value the AWOL party
was brilliant last time a few of us going hopefully might see you there
Its unlikely but will give you a shout if we do.

Possibly got a summer bash in the works at the farm, will keep you informed ;)

I am starting to feel ready to come out for a night, prepared to travel Leeds, Sheffield etc, but after seeing roman flugel or pearson sound or similar.

anyone feeling the same vibe?

I like the look/sound of the leeds event. some sound names on there, a lot of choice. £35 aint a lot for whats on offer.

anyone else considering?

Orang Utan, you tempted with the leeds gig?

Fez909, Ska.... anyone else?
I'm tempted, yeah. Only for fear of missing out :D

It looks pretty good on paper, but it's all one day and the venues are spread out over the city, so it's not like you can just hop between all the best acts easily. And Wire etc only holds 300, so if all the best stuff's on there, then you might not even get into the venue.

But, it's one of those events that if I don't go to, I just know everyone's gonna be talking about how amazing it was and I'll be gutted I didn't go!

So yeah, if people are going, I'm in. :)

I went to something similar a few years ago in kings x called the TDK festival, which was basically a day & night spread accross kings x venues such as Canvas, The key, The Cross, caught the Soul -2 Soul soundsystem under the arches, was a cracker of an event.

Choosing who you want to catch at the event will prove the toughest part I imagine?

I went to something similar a few years ago in kings x called the TDK festival, which was basically a day & night spread accross kings x venues such as Canvas, The key, The Cross, caught the Soul -2 Soul soundsystem under the arches, was a cracker of an event.

Choosing who you want to catch at the event will prove the toughest part I imagine?
Also the venue will play its part I think. Day time in Wire? Meh. Sheaf St has an outdoor bit so if that's open that'd be better.

Hope Gallery has the best soundsystem, but not sure who they'll have on there. I would've said Floating Points as they play there regularly, but with them doing live and headlining, I imagine it'll be Belgrave.

Church and the Book Club are a trek out of town - taxi/bus distance.

Anyway, check out this doc on Cosmic Slop (Hope Gallery is their venue).

catching derick carter in the Key was one of the highlights of the night if not my entire clubbing career.

I'm tempted, yeah. Only for fear of missing out :D

It looks pretty good on paper, but it's all one day and the venues are spread out over the city, so it's not like you can just hop between all the best acts easily. And Wire etc only holds 300, so if all the best stuff's on there, then you might not even get into the venue.

But, it's one of those events that if I don't go to, I just know everyone's gonna be talking about how amazing it was and I'll be gutted I didn't go!

So yeah, if people are going, I'm in. :)
Same here. I have concerns about the organisation and logistics, but am probably up for it

appealing to me are, in no particular order are,

floating points, Kink, mad prof, wetherell, crazy p, joy orbinson, paul woolford, peggy gou, butter side up. ralph lawson, they probably all clash set time wise tho

I'd happily pay 35 quid to see half of that selection in a decent venue.

that peggy gou ra mix is well good and her last record in Technicolour is the bizz. Would love to hear Kink too

her dekmantel x boiler room set is pretty decent too, she has lots of energy and seems to really enjoy herself.

Good shout reviving this, May. I've moved city so short of clubbing mates now - more needed than ever :D

I'm off to Surgeon on Friday - think you're there Orang Utan ?

Also got tickets for Mike Huckaby in December in Manc if anyone's down this way and fancies a dance :)

Reactivating this thread as I've got tickets to the Christmas Don't on December 15th :thumbs:

Jerome is belting out the dj.ungle fever bangers these days lol i derailed his last show for a couple of tracks on 199 radio. if u hear it on mixcloud in 2nd hour you'll hear about bruno and his obsession with cologne acid. :D

Back
Top Bottom