Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban Clubbing Club

Anyone been to phonox on a Sat night? Like idea of resident (Haai) playing all night every Sat and £5 in.. thinking of having a look this eve.

second gig looks better but oval space is a bit of a plain venue, good sound tho and plenty of space.

this in sheffield anyone? Mills / Stingray / etc.

No Bounds Festival 2017

Line-up /

Jeff Mills
DJ Stingray
Terre Thaemlitz (live AV)
Laurel Halo (live)
Om Unit
Vakula (live)
Michael Serafini
Rashad Becker (live)
Sensate Focus (live)
Timedance showcase Ft Batu + Giant Swan (live)
Swing Ting
Kara - lis - Coverdale (live)
Nkisi
Juliana Huxtable
Ikonika
Minor Science
Inga Copeland
Steevio & Suzybee (Live AV)
Ross From Friends (live)
CPU Showcase Ft Annie Hall + More TBA
Algorave Ft Yaxu + Joanne +Miri Kat + more TBA
Graham Dunning (live)
Offmenut Records
University Of Sheffield Sound Laboratory
Yorkshire Sound Women Network
Inclusion Principle

Wow, didn't think this thread was still being used. That festy looks good kb. Might be interested in this.

In the meantime, I've just bought tickets for this: Underground presents Robert Hood at Underground Liverpool

Will be the first time I've seen Hood for years. Got a bit bored of him playing the same set every time, but since he's now all gospel-disco-techno I suppose it should be a bit different. Although he's doing it under the name "Robert Hood" rather than "Floorplan" so maybe still the same old tunes he's dined out on for years.

Anyway, he was ace back then, which is why I saw him enough times to get bored, so should be good still.

Anyone?

uk-0414-1039780-1042353-back.jpg

:eek:

:facepalm::facepalm: It's 40 miles man!

Anyway, I should be Manc-based by then. Welcome to stop at whatever hovel I'm living in :thumbs:
40 miles is a coach or train ride away rather than a bus and then there's what do afterwards. I'm more likely to get to a London club cos I can make a weekend of it and stay with mates.

how was it granddad? ;) i know the best bit was getting home in good time but other than that?
It was good although we only got there at 10ish as we were busy eating and getting pissed up because it was our anniversary. Sensible move to preload on booze before the ministry :eek:
Caught the tail end of moodymann playing varied, good house then it was the three of them back to back having a lot of fun. House, bit of techno and quite a few disco cuts.
Was really good and the crowd were up for it and knew why they were there :thumbs:

I'm going to be in London that weekend.
Going to DJ Bone (by myself :( ) tomorrow if you're about?
I was considering Bone, but hadn't decided and wasn't looking forward to convincing my disco-only mates to come. Aaaan, I'm out on Sat for Akufen*, so thought (another!) two day bender might be too much, but fuck I love a bit of the Bone.

I'll let you know tomorrow morning, but there's at least a 70% chance I might join you :)

*fancy this?

Timings are a bit weird, so not sure what to expect. 4pm start! Closes at 2 :hmm:

Could do that too. Maybe. I've only seen Akufen once at Sonar and unfortunately after ten minutes, he had a technical glitch (an actual one, lol) and had to stop playing.

Back
Top Bottom