Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban Clubbing Club

Yeah but some legendary things have happened out that way

Indeed. I can get there in about 15 minutes from Bethnal Green but I'm thinking more of the other old farts that don't live so close. It all hits ticket sales.

They did one in Waterloo was sold out. I think this place might be quite big though.

Indeed. I can get there in about 15 minutes from Bethnal Green but I'm thinking more of the other old farts that don't live so close. It all hits ticket sales.

They did one in Waterloo was sold out. I think this place might be quite big though.
Yeah, was just editing to add, as you answered, “but those things were for the young and adventurous”

Brilliant! Let me know if you want to meet up before?
I think we are going into town for food and then will slowly saunter towards Trinity via various drinking establishments- Old Market I expect.
Sounds like we will be hanging at home to wait for some mates to arrive who are also going, so will probably see you there. If we go for a predrink will drop you a message :)

Went to the Cause on Good Friday, a 12 hour party starting at the unusual time of 10am. It was brilliant and much improved from the last time I went a year ago. Highlights on the lineup were Special Request, DVS1 and Dr Rubenstein, the latter was the highlight playing excellent tough, squelchy acid techno, some hard trance sounding stuff and rounding off with some wicked breaks and DnB. The venue had several rooms with decent soundsystems and a large courtyard to chill in. I didn't like security making me stand in front of a camera upon entry to take my photo, but once inside security were chilled, even when they noticed my fucked mate being bait on the dancefloor with a bag of pills and his phone torch, they just took them off him and left it at that. Crowd was very good too, quite a lot of gay ravers (who always seem to bring the party) since i think the venue does a very popular gay night once a month. Recommended.

I have the illuminous secret dj t shirt!

My next outing is Danny Tenaglia doing 4 hours in the early evening for the Cause 6th Birthday May 11th :cool:

Me too! I was referring to the classic nervous t-shirt on the lad in question.

We are both very cool. 😎

My favourite local club is closing. :(
I’m gutted - it’s a little rave cave with a badass sound system that reminded me of Plastic People’s Curtain Road incarnation. Massive loss to the scene nationally as well as locally.
Going to see if I can get to their last party on 1st June, though it’s sold out already.
Wasn’t originally planning on going to the Dave Clarke show there in May, but I am now.
Also going to this:

My favourite local club is closing. :(
I’m gutted - it’s a little rave cave with a badass sound system that reminded me of Plastic People’s Curtain Road incarnation. Massive loss to the scene nationally as well as locally.
Going to see if I can get to their last party on 1st June, though it’s sold out already.
Wasn’t originally planning on going to the Dave Clarke show there in May, but I am now.
Also going to this:
Think I went here once, and maybe I was being a bit para, but there seemed to be security everywhere looking suspiciously at the dancefloor. Found it hard to do a bump without being caught!

Think I went here once, and maybe I was being a bit para, but there seemed to be security everywhere looking suspiciously at the dancefloor. Found it hard to do a bump without being caught!
That’s what the toilets are for. :D
It’s a small club. You’d be daft to be doing bumps on the floor

might go to this, depends if a mate of mine is coming up from cambridge or not.

big fan of luke una having booked the una's to play at a gig I put on like years ago and have caught them a few times since.

also, the local apricot ballroom guys, so should be a belter!

434414002_18331085350191795_1064976383963223964_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom