Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban Clubbing Club

Yes please!

It's Phonox so not the greatest venue but ok for a bit of a dance.
I went and had a great time if not the proposed time.
Had before 11 entry tickets so we were early but it was filling up quickly with very young people, think there may have been some fake IDs at play.
Young guy called Isaac Carter was playing. Excellent house music. I danced for two hours and had a great time remembering how much I love (good) house music.
Didn't stay for Danilo as Orang Utan was tired, I didn't want too late a night and Isaac Carter had already hit the spot.
Although it's a shiny bar vibe, the sound system at Phonox is really good and they put on a fair amount of music I like so very grateful to have it down the road where I can pop in for a couple of hours for a dance.

Going to this: 23rd Feb

DJ Bone is playing in Brixton at Phonox next weekend if that's of interest to anyone. Not my favoured style of techno from Detroit but definitely a highlight for techno lovers.

Phonox continues with interesting line ups. Osunlade in March. Saw him once at The End many years ago and he was excellent.

Any Leeds folk at African Head Charge/ Mad Professor tonight?
You know the answer to that now.
Good gig, though sound could have been better and the lack of cloakroom is a baffling thing. It’s a new venue so hope they get it sorted soon.

Good gig, though sound could have been better and the lack of cloakroom is a baffling thing. It’s a new venue so hope they get it sorted soon.
Yep, the lack of cloakroom is a nightmare. Especially as it's such a big room, basically a warehouse. If it's a quiet night it could be freezing, so defo need to bring a coat.

I had over £100 in cash on me last night that I'd put in my coat pocket and forgot about a while back. I left my coat hanging over the barriers at the front all night, while I danced somewhere else. :facepalm:

Oh, and I'm out in London on Thursday. Henrik Schwartz is at the Jazz Club in Camden.

Not sure if it's a DJ set/dancing or live set, maybe even a sit down gig? Anyone know what I should expect?

When I go clubbing I always carry a really light thin cloth bag, that I can put my coat in. Then i just sling it over my shoulder. I call it my cloak room bag. I find it easier as always popping to the outside area.
But roll on warmer, drier nights.....

Oh, and I'm out in London on Thursday. Henrik Schwartz is at the Jazz Club in Camden.

Not sure if it's a DJ set/dancing or live set, maybe even a sit down gig? Anyone know what I should expect?
I expect it will be people sat at tables upstairs on the balconies, and with a dancefloor on the ground floor.

Back
Top Bottom