Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban Clubbing Club

I just can't seem to find a satisfactory dance club night out in Bristol. I've been really careful with my research ....listened to the artists before making a decision....but it always seems vastly different to my expectations.

Just want some organic material- not dreadful rehashing that ruins good tunes.

Maybe the scene has just moved on without me? Or I have? Can't deal with this tech shit.....

Luckily the dub scene is really good.

Maybe the scene has just moved on without me? Or I have? Can't deal with this tech shit.....
I feel the same. Leeds seems dead/dying, but then there are student tech house nights with shite music apparently rammed every week.

Only nights I go to now which are well attended are old acts on a comeback tour playing to 40+ crowd.

Perhaps just my age.

I failed to use tickets I'd bought for last night's Bodyhammer as it was cold and I was tired. Music would have certainly been good, but crowd are very young.

Have a child free weekend just before Christmas but there's nothing decent.

I failed to use tickets I'd bought for last night's Bodyhammer as it was cold and I was tired. Music would have certainly been good, but crowd are very young.

Have a child free weekend just before Christmas but there's nothing decent.

That's a coincidence, I was in the pub with Scott from Body Hammer last night. He's a mate of a mate.

I went to The Social last Friday for DJ Paulette, she was brilliant, danced all night.

1701616593993.jpeg

I just can't seem to find a satisfactory dance club night out in Bristol. I've been really careful with my research ....listened to the artists before making a decision....but it always seems vastly different to my expectations.

Just want some organic material- not dreadful rehashing that ruins good tunes.

Luckily the dub scene is really good.
Rupture nights are always good.

Did you go to Teachings in Dub? Went on the Friday, that was pretty good.

I know what you mean though, I've been to a few nights that seem good on paper/ I like some of the DJs productions, but then been quite unsatisfied with the night.

To me it’s the plodding dull monotony of the music, can’t pick out individual tracks, and in the worst cases I have seen, they are like AI renditions of loops that you know from decent tracks. Chuck a couple of 6 quid cans of beer on top, few spliffs and a pill, and you still can’t dance to it.
Went to moon dance last night. Utter gash. Would have thought the names on the bill would be worth it. But we were almost halfway through the bill when we got in. And it was the same monotonous computerized “tek “ that had no connection to the any of the tunes you may have heard at the original moondance. There were similarly aged people looking perplexed on the edges of the dance floor.
The kids didn’t give a shit and I feel sad for them.
It’s not hard to play good music, if you actually listen to and enjoy good music. I have zero respect for any of these current DJs.

I feel the same. Leeds seems dead/dying, but then there are student tech house nights with shite music apparently rammed every week.

Only nights I go to now which are well attended are old acts on a comeback tour playing to 40+ crowd.

Perhaps just my age.
There still seem to be some decent nights at Wire and the Imaginarium. Testbed has some good things on the horizon and they have the best soundsystem I’ve heard in Leeds.
Places like Mint, Distrikt and Beaverworks just never seem to have appealing line ups though. Dunno how popular they are, mind.

I nearly went to that, but didn't, for similar ish reasons.

I did go to World Unknown a couple of weeks ago, in a railway arch not far away. First one of those I've gone to since pre covid. It was quite good, but not as busy as they used to be, and a noticeably aged crowd...

I nearly went to that, but didn't, for similar ish reasons.

I did go to World Unknown a couple of weeks ago, in a railway arch not far away. First one of those I've gone to since pre covid. It was quite good, but not as busy as they used to be, and a noticeably aged crowd...
I went to World Unknown there earlier in the year with Orang Utan and noticed the same thing.
I much preferred the older crowd but I much prefer the music at Bodyhammer. Although earlier in the night I really enjoyed the live act guest at WU.

I've just realised that the tickets I smugly booked a couple of months ago for a Daniel Avery gig is actually a Q&A and album signing session to celebrate 10 years of Drone Logic. Fail.

Anyone seen anything good on Friday 22nd or Saturday 23rd in London?
RA doesn't yield much as so close to Christmas, but it's my only child free weekend of the season.

Anyone seen anything good on Friday 22nd or Saturday 23rd in London?
RA doesn't yield much as so close to Christmas, but it's my only child free weekend of the season.
Still can't find anything to use my child free nights on. I see someone called Danilo Plessow is playing down the road on the 23rd. A quick google doesn't tell me much about his style, anyone heard him?
Yes, I know I could google a mix but that's long.

Still can't find anything to use my child free nights on. I see someone called Danilo Plessow is playing down the road on the 23rd. A quick google doesn't tell me much about his style, anyone heard him?
Yes, I know I could google a mix but that's long.
He's more commonly known as Motor City Drum Ensemble. Decent disco/house DJ.

Back
Top Bottom