Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban Clubbing Club

Apricot ballroom tonight.

They have installed a new krell amp, can't wait to hear it in action.

Anyone know of anything good on next weekend in London, preferably Friday? We're child free so fancy some clubbing - trancey music, funky techy-house or dnb all of interest, nothing too dark or fast though.

going to another eclectic disco night next week, this is in an old spring factory in an old industrial unit, it's free.

best bit is ....
Factory Floor is home to our very own Danley Audio audiophile soundsystem. This groundbreaking technology, created by one of ‘the most innovative loudspeaker designers in the industry’, Tom Danley, was imported direct from Florida and set up quadraphonically in Factory Floor.

can't wait to give it a listen.

it's the same guys behind Apricot Ballroom, looks good.

"

Last edited:
Anyone know of anything good on next weekend in London, preferably Friday? We're child free so fancy some clubbing - trancey music, funky techy-house or dnb all of interest, nothing too dark or fast though.
im going to this tomorrow

dett.png

genuinely excited for Mello and his DJ Biznizz - Mc Mello IMO the best UK rapper of all time - did one album in 1990 and shockingly disappeared after that. Have never seen him on a flyer since! Supposedly the night is curated by Cogno Natty aka REbel MC, and they woulve been contemporaries in 1990 uk hip hop scene

Thanks, do appreciate good hip hop but not really our scene for clubbing. Probably going rooftop clubbing in Dalston tonight.

Thanks to a recommendation from Orang Utan , just got tickets to Corsica Studios tonight. Probably going to be total lightweights and not last long, but sounds good and not expensive.

If anyone is in the Elephant area tonight, we'll be at the Mercado Metropolitano from about 9pm warming up :)

Autumn is approaching so the club nights should be improving. Can anyone point me in the direction of Detroit or Detroit inspired nights in London.
Last time I asked I had missed quite a few others had seen.

Autumn is approaching so the club nights should be improving. Can anyone point me in the direction of Detroit or Detroit inspired nights in London.
Yes please. I’d like this kind of thing but ideally finishing before midnight.
And the moon on a stick, while you’re at it.

Jungle “tek”

Fuck those kids and their computerized degeneration of music. Lack of attention span means rhythms are switched every 15 seconds to accommodate the TikTok generation.
Was chatting to a DJ (reasonably successful, lots of regular paying gigs etc) colleague fairly recently about this. He reckons any more than about 1.5 - 2 mins of a track nowadays and (young) people will complain. Essentially it’s verse-break-drop new track.

Was chatting to a DJ (reasonably successful, lots of regular paying gigs etc) colleague fairly recently about this. He reckons any more than about 1.5 - 2 mins of a track nowadays and (young) people will complain. Essentially it’s verse-break-drop new track.
Would be interesting to know what drugs, if any, are being taken by the majority. I do realise there is more to it than that but still.

It would seem alcohol, Ket and Coke were the freely available ones according to some young dealer I met in the smoking area.
Some kids getting carted off in ambulance, probably due to mixing the 3.
Boring excitement

Forgot about this. Dunno if it quite what you want but there is a Detroit contingent.

There are quite a lot of daytime events here. Worth signing up to their list.

And it seems pretty cheap. Not been yet. Had tickets for two different things but just couldn't make it.

Forgot about this. Dunno if it quite what you want but there is a Detroit contingent.

There are quite a lot of daytime events here. Worth signing up to their list.

And it seems pretty cheap. Not been yet. Had tickets for two different things but just couldn't make it.
Would normally be up for some UR but looks like the harder, faster side of them which isn't really my thing.
Don't really know the newer UR djs.
But thanks, that's a start.

Marcellus Pittman and someone from Rush Hour literally down the road from me on a night I can't make it😭
Oh, ffs.

I’ve been confusing him with Marcellus Dettman, despite having at least one record by/with him.
Was quite surprised that you were into Marcellus Dettman :facepalm:

This is the one I can remember that I own

Back
Top Bottom