Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban Clubbing Club

My mate's just told me he went to House of God's 30th birthday on Friday. Jeff Mills as secret guest! "He smashed it, like the old days"
Saw my sister at the weekend and she said she'd been to that, there was some wasted guy stumbling around telling everyone Jeff Mills was going to be the secret guest and she'd just been like "aye yeah, right mate, sure he'll be". :D
Good one last night at the Rivoli ballroom for their monthly northern soul night. Always a good hassle free time there with friendly crowd and staff. £10

Love the little bars and booths, sandwiches in clingfilm on the bar. Ain’t no northern soul dancer but everyone mixes it up and some great looks on the dance floor.
Talcum powder or no talcum powder?

Saw my sister at the weekend and she said she'd been to that, there was some wasted guy stumbling around telling everyone Jeff Mills was going to be the secret guest and she'd just been like "aye yeah, right mate, sure he'll be". :D
So...was he actually on!? My mate was almost certainly smashed, so he could have made the whole thing up :D

So...was he actually on!? My mate was almost certainly smashed, so he could have made the whole thing up :D
Yeah, he actually was, just came as a bit of a shock that the guy going round saying "Jeff Mills is going to be on in a bit" was actually right.

Good night. Hooked up with a group of friends who I really like but haven't seen in a couple of years. We danced for hours. The music was great, sometimes special, this great electro bit of the sort of deep melodic electro that I love that no one ever plays out. The Bodyhammer guys are great if anyone ever gets a chance to see them.

But the night wasn't well attended, dance floor only almost full at peak hours with other times half full even though only one room open. And I have never been to a night in my life where the crowd were so young, like almost all 20something year olds; missed the old heads even though they weren't horrible youngsters.

Left at 3 when it went a bit banging for me but knowing the Bodyhammer djs, that wouldn't have carried on just been a part of the set. In fact I couldn't think of two djs I'd love to listen to for the graveyard set leading up to 6am, bet they do a deep job there but that's way beyond what my aging knees can carry.

Off to see Alexander Nut in Notts next weekend. Probably only the second club night I've been to since 2019. Have been to gigs and pubs with events on etc, but not much else. The last one in 2019 was Special Request in a Woods in Notts- one of the best things I've ever been to.

Just got my ticket for the last Tribe of Frog for the 2022-23 clubbing year

They do 6 nights starting September and finish off with the April one

I did the September one last year and this'll complete my 20+ year of partying with them

Don't know how many more they're going to be able to do as and when Lakota in Bristol gets sold so make the most of them whilst I can I suppose

Well that was a pleasant night

Only "down" side is that the security team are a bit keen . . . I think they're newish and the bloke heading it up fancies himself, strutting around like Mr Billy Big-Bollocks, a quite intimidatory chap. Can start the night off with a bit of a downer.

The night though was nice.

I know that Psy-Trance is not a very popular genre with Urban, but it works for me. It was nice that there were a fair few more mature clubbers and not just University people who's sole aim seems to be to take fucking selfie pictures

The night did take a fair while to fill up, this seems to now be a thing, it didn't used to be, but everyone was in by the time the doors closed to admission around 2:00am

So, looking forward to the start of the 2023-24 season in September (hopefully)

another great night at apricot ballroom, such a mixture of people & a chilled vibe.

really love the diy ethos.

was gonna try and take a couple of pics but didn't see one person with a camera so thought better of it but manage to sneak one of outside :-(

344302983_6146399222146093_1508497114715975229_n.jpg

this month, the guest did three hours of mainly jazz and dub.

last month it was more eclectic, I guess it depends a lot on who the guest is.
Is it monthly? I might see if I can get some mates down to check out it next time/soon. Haven't been out in Sheffield for ages and heard good things.

Back
Top Bottom