Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban Clubbing Club

I have a couple of tickets for Alpha Steppa at Frog and Firkin in Lewisham this Fri 24th March if anybody wants them? Had a big night planned but life got in the way.
His latest releases are pretty slick, so should be a good do.
Happy to email on.
I was looking at this earlier, quite fancied it, or maybe the ska night at Hootananny. If you still have these I'll give you a shout tomorrow if that's OK?

Went to Camden Palace/Koko for Frantic (hard house event) the other Saturday and it was brilliant. The sound was crisp and thumping, the lighting was spectacular and once past the bouncers at the door who were friendly, didn't check I.D and barely searched me, you didn't see them again all day. Yeah pints of Asahi were close to £7 (same as most central London pubs) and I had to queue for cups of tap water due to no bottled water, but I love that venue and am chuffed it is still letting us run amok around it.
:) I was there.

:) I was there.
What a day it was! Oofff! Were you as surprised as I was how hands off the staff were? I was expecting prowling bouncers looking out for people being naughty and people getting dragged out left, right and centre but actually it turned out to be pretty much like the old days (minus the stink of weed in the balconies).

What a day it was! Oofff! Were you as surprised as I was how hands off the staff were? I was expecting prowling bouncers looking out for people being naughty and people getting dragged out left, right and centre but actually it turned out to be pretty much like the old days (minus the stink of weed in the balconies).
yeah, considering the suits they seemed mainly bemused.

They were certainly bemused by many folk earnestly thanking them on the way out at 9pm. Keep em sweet I say.
Look forward to Peach next month, should be a similarly enjoyable day.

Hey, guys.

I’ve not been out for a dance for yonks and I was thinking of going to see a DJ from Doncaster called I. Jordan.

Has anybody seen them spin?

god! itching to go out, looked at everything going on in Sheffield tonight and narrowed it down to either an afrobeat night or a tech house thing at some diy looking venue.

I have chosen the tech house thing, someone messaged me and told me it's free entry. I bet I be at least twice as old as anyone in there but I got some hopefully decent gurners on the way and shall do my best to enjoy myself.

will report.

just got back.

was ok for something I wasn't expecting to be much.

the venue was small but they had a void system in there which sounded pretty good.

Not too many people, maybe about 50ish max but everyone really friendly and the music was a bit better than expected.

Good one last night at the Rivoli ballroom for their monthly northern soul night. Always a good hassle free time there with friendly crowd and staff. £10.085935FD-8B5D-438F-B7C0-736836069FE1.jpeg
CBA0BEC2-610D-4E02-877D-D5F5CA82BF88.jpeg

Love the little bars and booths, sandwiches in clingfilm on the bar. Ain’t no northern soul dancer but everyone mixes it up and some great looks on the dance floor.

Also had a good time at one of their house nights 😎👍
1489CBEF-5AD6-40F2-89F7-6D5EE0358BD9.jpeg
FFC06A15-9E76-431E-8AE0-096722208859.jpeg07B1BA7D-3DE2-4D5A-848A-F5735FAA02F3.jpeg039F03C4-0B70-47BF-894E-D1C2E2E5DF0E.jpeg

Good one last night at the Rivoli ballroom for their monthly northern soul night. Always a good hassle free time there with friendly crowd and staff. £10.View attachment 367945
View attachment 367946

Love the little bars and booths, sandwiches in clingfilm on the bar. Ain’t no northern soul dancer but everyone mixes it up and some great looks on the dance floor.

View attachment 367949
View attachment 367950View attachment 367951View attachment 367952
I live near this, have always fancied going but the nights advertised seem quite tame. What's the House night about?

I live near this, have always fancied going but the nights advertised seem quite tame. What's the House night about?
Yes, they are quite tame, but trade off is really relaxed and friendly vibe. All the nights finish at 12.30 I think.
House night is basically house classics, bit cheesy but good fun. Feels quite diy as think the place is run by volunteers. Sound system not the best but lots of smiling faces and cool wooden dance floor 🙂

Good one last night at the Rivoli ballroom for their monthly northern soul night. Always a good hassle free time there with friendly crowd and staff. £10.View attachment 367945
View attachment 367946

View attachment 367949
2 points-
1 I want to go
2 I know the woman in the last pic

View attachment 367946

View attachment 367949
looks wicked. would love to go to a place like that.

loads going on tonight everywhere.

I'm of to the apricot ballroom hifi party tonight, it happens to be their 5th birthday so should be good.

got a bottle of wine which I'm opening at 9 to calm the nerves.

Orang Utan , fancy a visit to London for Bodyhammer at Corsica on 21st April?

Juan was good. Lots of great tunes, great to hear stuff like Octave One's I Believe in the middle of his set. Second half was proper techno, crowd loved it but too much for me. I like my techno mixed up with house and electro and the more deep side. Also he only played for 2 hours. I know he's not a dj's dj but when I arrived at 11 for Chez Damier, he was already on and played the whole night till closing so I went early and he only came on at 1 and the guy before was a bit snoozesome.

So got to get my house fix on the 21st and then probably retire again for the summer.

great night last night. was like the first to arrive and stayed til the end. only left the dancefloor twice to goto the bar.

there was condensation dripping from the ceiling, I think some of it might of been mine.

soundsystem was pretty decent. like a hifi sound rather than a pa.

aHR0cHM6Ly9pbWFnZXMucmEuY28vODcyYTYxYjAzMWFjOWI5ZGMyNmYxNDA2OGYzOWNlMDk2ZGI1YjI3NS5qcGc=

There are other Plastic People after parties, too.

Just got my ticket for the last Tribe of Frog for the 2022-23 clubbing year

They do 6 nights starting September and finish off with the April one

I did the September one last year and this'll complete my 20+ year of partying with them

Don't know how many more they're going to be able to do as and when Lakota in Bristol gets sold so make the most of them whilst I can I suppose

Back
Top Bottom