Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban Clubbing Club

First DEMF line up. Free(!)

DEMF2000-Pic-2.jpg

what was it like?
Amazing. I'm a total Detroit fan girl though so just being in Detroit was so interesting. And of course connecting with Detroit heads from all over the world.
The music in the day was so good, always a stage to go to to listen to great music. And a choice of the most incredible line ups for after parties every night.
On my first visit I went record shopping at Submerge. Mike was in and he took us for a tour of the city in this Cadillac that this French girl we met had been leant. Took us all over the city giving us a social history. And to see Tyree Guton's art houses.
Unforgettable.

Off to see Jerome Hill at the Imaginarium in Leeds tonight. Know him from way back so looking forward to it.
Think I’ll also go see Michael Upson first at Wire as I’ve been listening to his mixes for ages and he’s ace - he’s resident at Leeds’ Love Muscle, which is a big LBGTQ party

Whats wrong with koko?
I was there recently and very appreciative of all the sofas :D

I was wondering about this as well, great sound system, decent lighting, friendly staff. Apart from the mind bendingly expensive drinks it was a good venue. Not very underground admittedly but I'm old, the kids don't want me at their warehouse parties. :D

Whats wrong with koko?

I was wondering about this as well, great sound system, decent lighting, friendly staff. Apart from the mind bendingly expensive drinks it was a good venue. Not very underground admittedly but I'm old, the kids don't want me at their warehouse parties. :D
I was very fortunate that they had no bottled water so it was incredibly cheap :thumbs: and my frequent requests for a cup of ice were met with good humour.

I was very fortunate that they had no bottled water so it was incredibly cheap :thumbs: and my frequent requests for a cup of ice were met with good humour.

I got charged £15 for a vodka and coke and £7.50 for a bottle of asahi in the VIP area on stage, after that I couldn't bring myself to order another one but did buy some pints from the bar in the main area and they were much more reasonably priced. I think they charge extra "backstage".

I have a couple of tickets for Alpha Steppa at Frog and Firkin in Lewisham this Fri 24th March if anybody wants them? Had a big night planned but life got in the way.
His latest releases are pretty slick, so should be a good do.
Happy to email on.

I have a couple of tickets for Alpha Steppa at Frog and Firkin in Lewisham this Fri 24th March if anybody wants them? Had a big night planned but life got in the way.
His latest releases are pretty slick, so should be a good do.
Happy to email on.
Its a great line up, also includes 6 piece dub band An Dannsa Dub, top Jungle dj Hybrid and some Reggae Roast stuff too

Went to Camden Palace/Koko for Frantic (hard house event) the other Saturday and it was brilliant. The sound was crisp and thumping, the lighting was spectacular and once past the bouncers at the door who were friendly, didn't check I.D and barely searched me, you didn't see them again all day. Yeah pints of Asahi were close to £7 (same as most central London pubs) and I had to queue for cups of tap water due to no bottled water, but I love that venue and am chuffed it is still letting us run amok around it.

Back
Top Bottom