Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban Clubbing Club

Very good music. He was already playing when I arrived just after 11. Hours of excellent house music, lots of different types but overall sounding very Chicago/Detroit. The Jazz Cafe was as always nice. The sound is good, it's convenient to get to and it's always full with a good vibe but it is also bordering on mainstream.
I danced for three hours and went home at 2.30 content.
Content. That’s all that matters :)

Saturday.
Got no one to go with although I'm not too fussed.

Have a spare ticket if anyone wants it.
Depending on how I feel Friday, there might be two but I'm hoping I'll be looking for a reward for what I have to do tomorrow and Friday.

If someone wants the spare, give us a pm. If I do go, don't worry, you won't have to hang out with me or anything :D

Kerri Chandler doing 4 nights in London with his new album and an assortment of other big names. The last night w/ Moodyman is sold-out but the one with Antal (Feb 18th I think) isn’t, yet

I would like to see Omar S but not sure I've got the stamina for an am set. Wonder if they'll play elsewhere in London.

Saturday.
Got no one to go with although I'm not too fussed.

Have a spare ticket if anyone wants it.
Depending on how I feel Friday, there might be two but I'm hoping I'll be looking for a reward for what I have to do tomorrow and Friday.

If someone wants the spare, give us a pm. If I do go, don't worry, you won't have to hang out with me or anything :D
Not going now so there’s two spare tickets if anyone wants them.
Entry before 4pm though.

I’d have to leave about 10 to make sure I got the train in time and two of the the rooms don’t start til 8.30 and 10 so a bit of a risk.

856844A7-9C27-4540-9BC6-1F2017ACD846.jpeg

Looks like it could be a really cool venue though.

Going to my first gig since before Covid in a couple week :oops: had the option between Immortal Technique, Jedi MInd Tricks, Esoteric at Manc 02 and Jehst at some small venue in Leeds with no idea who the support acts are...

So i'm off to see Jehst in Leeds, two weeks on Saturday :cool:

I didn't realise Printworks was alwasy daytime clubbing. Now I want to go to the Plastic People event to see Omar S, but I have to wait a bit as I might have other plans that long weekend.

Went to World Unknown in Brixton last night with Orang Utan. Great venue and people. The 11-12.30 set was brilliant, techno just how I like it, funky and textured. However could't really get into the main man's set at 1am, he'd gone all balearic, not my thing. Not so much a problem as my preferred leaving time these days is around 2am. Once again felt content that I'd had a good dance to some great music, left Orang Utan happily partying away enjoying his London reunion.

Found out that Bodyhammer has too now moved to the Brixton area, southern renaissance. Can't go tonight as two nights in a row is too much but have booked tickets for April 1st. This seems like really good clubbing options for me, similar to what I used to go out to and in my back yard. It's nice to see all the music coming back to London after it felt like Covid had broken the scene. Even though I don't, and don't want to, go out a lot, when I do have the opportunity it feels like there's always something good to go to again.

I saw this doing the rounds on fb, I'm a massive Greg wilson fan and have even booked him a few years ago, was great.

This is in sheffield, and only £12.

Looks fab, anyone else fancy it?

328246981_665902115333110_7269590970622594529_n.jpg

it's an early start, prob book signings and interviews first then a gig after

Tempted

• The Cause '5 Years' Part 2: Masters At Work present 'MAW Lost Tapes'  - Flyer front

• Our '5 Years' celebrations reach boiling point with perhaps THE most important and iconic House music artists' of all time, Masters At Work. Across 4 hours they present 'MAW Lost Tapes' an exclusive performance showcasing unreleased and forthcoming music. With features on 1000s of productions across 32 years the duo's output is endless, backed up by the recent unearthing of hours of unreleased material, presenting 'MAW Lost Tapes'. As part of our fifth birthday celebrations theLouie Vega & Kenny Dope will join us for a full day & night bash which will see them take over the decks with a special sunset set in our warehouse space. This will mark the first time to experience these never before heard tracks in an intimate, underground club setting. Away from the shine of the major festivals and international super clubs and in 'The Cause' fashion, we strip things back, no fuss, all eyes on MaW.

Juan Atkins at the Jazz Cafe March 31st. Still some £10 tickets left.
I actually have tickets for something local the night after but I can't not, I'm a Detroit fangirl.

Have been searching for a decent night out since moving to Sheffield, was about to loose hope then last night discovered a wee night called Apricot Ballroom, a small eclectic night, 150 capacity with a top banana Klipschorn PA.

Themed around Mancuso's legendary Loft Parties in NYC around the late 70s early 80s.

It's in an old clothing warehouse and has a real DIY vibe. Recently voted one of the top ten nights in the country (time out), tickets start at a fiver or less and are no more than 11 quid.

I have missed this one, which is tonight as I only found out about it last night and have a work commitment but am frothing at the mouth thinking about the next one.

Anyone up for joining me?
It could be an amazing night for pennies.

Tempted

• The Cause '5 Years' Part 2: Masters At Work present 'MAW Lost Tapes'  - Flyer front'5 Years' Part 2: Masters At Work present 'MAW Lost Tapes'  - Flyer front

• Our '5 Years' celebrations reach boiling point with perhaps THE most important and iconic House music artists' of all time, Masters At Work. Across 4 hours they present 'MAW Lost Tapes' an exclusive performance showcasing unreleased and forthcoming music. With features on 1000s of productions across 32 years the duo's output is endless, backed up by the recent unearthing of hours of unreleased material, presenting 'MAW Lost Tapes'. As part of our fifth birthday celebrations theLouie Vega & Kenny Dope will join us for a full day & night bash which will see them take over the decks with a special sunset set in our warehouse space. This will mark the first time to experience these never before heard tracks in an intimate, underground club setting. Away from the shine of the major festivals and international super clubs and in 'The Cause' fashion, we strip things back, no fuss, all eyes on MaW.
Believe there’s train strikes on the 18th.
Intent on coming, if actually possible.

Fuck!

The Apricot Ballroom guys messaged me to tell me the next one is on april 1st, the same night as Greg. Fuck!

Thing is though, I booked Greg to play at a gig I put on years ago, when he was doing the Credit to the Edit stuff with Nuphonic, so it looks like the Ballroom.

Ahoy!

Fuck!

The Apricot Ballroom guys messaged me to tell me the next one is on april 1st, the same night as Greg. Fuck!

Thing is though, I booked Greg to play at a gig I put on years ago, when he was doing the Credit to the Edit stuff with Nuphonic, so it looks like the Ballroom.

Ahoy!
I'm double booked that weekend with a similar conundrum.
I'd choose Greg Wilson, guaranteed good music.

I'm double booked that weekend with a similar conundrum.
I'd choose Greg Wilson, guaranteed good music.
he is good, I do rate him, when he came and played for me he bought a reel to reel tape deck and was doing live edits whilst playing records but the other place has the hand built klispschorn system which I have never experienced so I think I will be doing that.

It would be funny if Greg finishes his first gig (2am) and comes and plays at the ballroom after as that is a 5am finish.

he is good, I do rate him, when he came and played for me he bought a reel to reel tape deck and was doing live edits whilst playing records but the other place has the hand built klispschorn system which I have never experienced so I think I will be doing that.

It would be funny if Greg finishes his first gig (2am) and comes and plays at the ballroom after as that is a 5am finish.
Give him a heads up!

if you go please get some pics of the system, theres nothing on line and im curious!

I've pinged him a message.

They had Luke Una at the ballroom last month. Another amazing selector who I rate

Back
Top Bottom