Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban Clubbing Club

Never seen Chez Damier. Is he the more vocal side of Detroit/Chicago house? What should I expect? I know I can listen to a mix, and I will eventually, but my ADHD brain would like a short, concise description please.
very much so - well up your street - think 3 Chairs meets Main Street

BristolEcho what you doing for nye?
Nothing planned. I'm hoping my partner might be up to something small at home as she's still pretty much housebound at the moment and she was away over Christmas. A couple of people are doing house parties, or smaller gatherings which I may head to - but pretty tempted to skip.

Have you got anything planned?

Nothing planned. I'm hoping my partner might be up to something small at home as she's still pretty much housebound at the moment and she was away over Christmas. A couple of people are doing house parties, or smaller gatherings which I may head to - but pretty tempted to skip.

Have you got anything planned?
Im going for dinner and drinks at Nadu restaurant and I've got tickets to Osbidan at Trinity (booty bass) and a ticket to all hallows- the big love collective....so who knows....can't imagine being in the mood! ....

A New Years Dissolution is to go out clubbing more, so coming up are:
World Unknown in an arch in Brixton on 3rd February - hope to make that if it doesn't seem like too much of a mare to get to London from Leeds
Club Cosmos at Freedom Mills with a live set from Higher Intelligence Agency and Simon Scott (Dimensons/Wire) DJing - seems more like a chillout vibe than a banging rave, but that's cool - it's a shame most clubs don't have chill out/downtempo rooms any more
325631688_1125555458152845_6862071044510896925_n.jpg
Helena Hauff can do no wrong right now, so looking forward to hearing her play for Simon Scott at Wire on 10th February
318304096_696977535343253_5943327092496209234_n.jpg
and I've just noticed that the day after she is also playing for the same promoter/event as the HIA gig, which is a club I've never been to that is a few minutes' walk from my home.
and finally I'm coming down to London for the mighty I Love Acid at Corsica Studios on '303day' - 3rd March:
15726610339145724992.jpeg
I post these events partly to make me accountable so I actually go to them :oops:
:cool:

A New Years Dissolution is to go out clubbing more, so coming up are:
World Unknown in an arch in Brixton on 3rd February - hope to make that if it doesn't seem like too much of a mare to get to London from Leeds
Club Cosmos at Freedom Mills with a live set from Higher Intelligence Agency and Simon Scott (Dimensons/Wire) DJing - seems more like a chillout vibe than a banging rave, but that's cool - it's a shame most clubs don't have chill out/downtempo rooms any more
View attachment 359578
Helena Hauff can do no wrong right now, so looking forward to hearing her play for Simon Scott at Wire on 10th February
View attachment 359579
and I've just noticed that the day after she is also playing for the same promoter/event as the HIA gig, which is a club I've never been to that is a few minutes' walk from my home.
and finally I'm coming down to London for the mighty I Love Acid at Corsica Studios on '303day' - 3rd March:
View attachment 359581
I post these events partly to make me accountable so I actually go to them :oops:
:cool:

I would quite like to go to one of the I love Acid nights, looks like good fun.

I keep thinking I might like to go for a night out again at some point, but I’m really struggling with feeling that a 45 year old bloke dancing away on his own, surrounded by kids, would be a bit tragic. Not particularly rational I know, but there you go :(

I'm gonna try and make one of the closing sessions at Printworks at Easter. There are 5 events - a Plastic People, a FWD, a Tresor, a Fabric and another I cant remember. Been a few times and always had a crackin' time - good mix of ages so I've not felt like an old bastard....

I'm gonna try and make one of the closing sessions at Printworks at Easter. There are 5 events - a Plastic People, a FWD, a Tresor, a Fabric and another I cant remember. Been a few times and always had a crackin' time - good mix of ages so I've not felt like an old bastard....
Have they announced the line ups yet?

I keep thinking I might like to go for a night out again at some point, but I’m really struggling with feeling that a 45 year old bloke dancing away on his own, surrounded by kids, would be a bit tragic. Not particularly rational I know, but there you go :(
If you pick the right night in terms of djs/music policy/club you won't stand out at all. Lots of house/techno nights are older.

Back
Top Bottom