Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban Clubbing Club

Wasn’t great tbh.
The main room lacks bass and was just mainstream techno.
The Fear Ratio in the other room were amazing. Only caught 20mins, sadly but it was bass heavy and groovy.
Ben Klock and DVS1 (in the main room) were so dull that I couldn’t bear to stay another 20mins to wait for surgeon (wasn’t really feeling rroxymore although it was better than the other two dullards) Oh well.

Nice crowd though.

In bed now.

I am sort of gutted that I never experienced printworks. Due to close latter this year?

I've heard that all the last events are pretty much sold out

aHR0cHM6Ly9pbWFnZXMucmEuY28vODcyYTYxYjAzMWFjOWI5ZGMyNmYxNDA2OGYzOWNlMDk2ZGI1YjI3NS5qcGc=

There are other Plastic People after parties, too.
always used to confuse with paperclip people night

I am sort of gutted that I never experienced printworks. Due to close latter this year?

I've heard that all the last events are pretty much sold out
I've been once. The attraction was the daytime nature of the timings, quite unique in that. The sound was good and if you kept an eye out, some great line ups.

But otherwise pretty soulless and just breathing cost a bomb. I'd say more akin to Fabric in vibe than Turnmills or The End in their heyday.

Wasn’t great tbh.
The main room lacks bass and was just mainstream techno.
The Fear Ratio in the other room were amazing. Only caught 20mins, sadly but it was bass heavy and groovy.
Ben Klock and DVS1 (in the main room) were so dull that I couldn’t bear to stay another 20mins to wait for surgeon (wasn’t really feeling rroxymore although it was better than the other two dullards) Oh well.

Nice crowd though.

In bed now.
Oh, just to clear, with a warehouse full of cheering punters (mostly wearing black (go figure)) I was certainly in the minority with that opinion. /old

Just got my ticket for the last Tribe of Frog for the 2022-23 clubbing year

They do 6 nights starting September and finish off with the April one

I did the September one last year and this'll complete my 20+ year of partying with them

Don't know how many more they're going to be able to do as and when Lakota in Bristol gets sold so make the most of them whilst I can I suppose
I really fancy going to one of their nights. I follow them on sound cloud where they put up a lot if the sets from their nights. what's the story with lakota being sold? it's been going ages hasn't it?

Have to say Printworks and other similar gigantic venues have just never appealed to me. I’m more of a Plastic People person than a Fabric person. Loved big raves when I was younger but prefer smaller venues nowadays
The bit I don’t get that seems to be the thing nowadays is the whole DJ up on a stage with everyone facing them in rows like it’s a gig.

What happened to the DJ booth being tucked away in a corner somewhere and everyone just dancing in groups with their mates?

I went to Printworks twice and loved it both times - both were Hydra nights one headlined by Mr Mills and the other by Mr Hood. The first time I was completely wrecked and the second completely sober but I enjoyed both equally - great sound, great crowd, great tunes. I wanted to go to the Tresor one but dillied and dallied and it sold out. I love the afternoon / early evening time slot - I can't cope with late nights anymore and wish there were more bangin' techno afternoons!

Hate to be that person but think some of these big nights are good at the start and then the hype means the crowd changes slightly and they get too busy. That was my experience of Printworks, and Warehouse Project was similar.

I really fancy going to one of their nights. I follow them on sound cloud where they put up a lot if the sets from their nights. what's the story with lakota being sold? it's been going ages hasn't it?
There's no news of it being sold atm.
I would go to that night just to meet High Voltage but I've got loads on that day.....

I'm definitely going to miss Printworks, such a funny venue, the strongest squatted venue vibes i've ever seen in the UK. Working in there on a loadin you'd constantly be expecting the police to turn up and throw everyone out. also climbing into the remains of the printing press with a head full of CK is something i'll never totally forget or fully remember.

Fuzzy and kalidarkone just to be clear Lakota hasn't been sold it's more that as and when they start developing around that area the boys who own Lakota and associated buildings are going to sell it when the price is right. That's most likely going to be sooner rather than later. Not saying this year or next but I'd be amazed if there was another 10-15 years of clubbing there

Looks like we're going to the Cabbage Camp - a three day/night do. Mostly house (Smokescreen, bit of DiY and South West crews). Deep house isn't particularly sparking joy for me these days, but at least it'll be a bit of a dance and three days wrecked up in a field/barn.

Looks like we're going to the Cabbage Camp - a three day/night do. Mostly house (Smokescreen, bit of DiY and South West crews). Deep house isn't particularly sparking joy for me these days, but at least it'll be a bit of a dance and three days wrecked up in a field/barn.
DiY from nottingham?

Sorry, too late. Was a bit rubbish anyway as you might imagine hearing quiet Italo in the corner of a clubhouse that normally caters to funerals. Still, was nice catching up with Fez
It got 'good' for the last hour or so, but yeah, not really what I was expecting from reports of the previous nights. Need a proper dancing night out soon, though.

Back
Top Bottom