Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine

OK thanks for the clarification and video evidence seventh bullet. I just assumed that fascists would not be opposed to each other. Obviously not the case.

OK thanks for the clarification and video evidence seventh bullet. I just assumed that fascists would not be opposed to each other. Obviously not the case.

And fascists using the cover of anti-fascism as well.

Again, I am not pretending to know much about this group/s or the more recent events in Odessa, but it looks dodgy as fuck. On what I have seen at the moment I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole. And I will admit that I would find it delicious if Casually Idiot started defending them.

First time poster here. Been watching this thread with great interest.

My observations of the current situation - Due to all this foreign meddling in Ukraine we will probably see a civil war, a proxy three way battle between the E.U, Russia and the U.S with the poor Ukrainians of both East and West being used as the cannon fodder.

How anybody can deny that the overthrow of the former democratically elected government was aided and abetted by the U.S and E.U, using Far Right foot soldiers as the spearhead is a mystery to me. The evidence is clearly out there.

Yanukovych was a corrupt oligarch who leaned towards Russia, ousted by Western IMF Bankster puppets. Some evil bastards, as yet unproven, were willing to gun down protesters to further an agenda. Both sides of the media are extremely biased. Western propaganda and one side of the story competes with RT and a completely different version of events. You have to watch both sides and assume the worst of everybody involved. There is no doubt in my mind that Putin is meddling just as much as the U.S and within the anti-Kiev ranks are some Russian Far Right nationalists, again being used as pawns by bigger players.

If I hear any British politician even mention sending troops into this potential bloodbath I'll be inclined to punch them in the face.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
It's a political flag. Can't you see that?

froggy the flag is nothing more sinister than that of the Peoples Republic of Odessa. Its utilising the Odessa city crest and one particular variation of Russian national colours that dates to Romanov times, just as the current Russian flag does. Just as there are a plethora of seperate Peoples republics being declared, using different colours. Its not a fash flag, not a right wing flag, its not a monarchist flag. Peoples Republic is the least monarchisty title going. Theyre just Russian colours with the city crest.

The guys with the sheilds have nothing more sinsiter on them than the city crest, another symbol adopted by their Peoples Republic. Theres nothing fascist, rightist or monarchist exclusive to these colours or emblems at all . Some fash in Russia use them as an alternative to the Russian national flag as a fuck you to the Russian state , it still doesnt make them fascist colours. Same with some monarchists who regard it as the true Russian flag. But theyre still Russian national colours and nothing more.

If an Irish republican is carrying the standard of the ONeills, either a green flag with a harp or the red hand of Ulster it doesnt mean hes demanding a return to the high kings and a gaelic aristocracy. Its just traditional national colours and emblems.

Last edited:
There we have it. Facists defending and organising behind the flag of the monarchists, of the current fascists is just by chance as there are so many choices. Sell it elsewhere. If there were so many choices, i wonder how they settled on this one. I know, and so does everyone reading this.

No, it's not the city crest. It's a different symbol claiming the territory for the russian monarchy.

Here we have him, defending aleatory facists. Has he any credibility left?

froggy the flag is nothing more sinister than that of the Peoples Republic of Odessa. Its utilising the Odessa city crest and one particular variation of Russian national colours that dates to Romanov times, just as the current Russian flag does. Just as there are a plethora of seperate Peoples republics being declared, using different colours. Its not a fash flag, not a right wing flag, its not a monarchist flag. Peoples Republic is the least monarchisty title going. Theyre just Russian colours with the city crest.

The guys with the sheilds have nothing more sinsiter on them than the city crest, another symbol adopted by their Peoples Republic. Theres nothing fascist, rightist or monarchist exclusive to these colours or emblems at all . Some fash in Russia use them as an alternative to the Russian national flag as a fuck you to the Russian state , it still doesnt make them fascist colours.

If an Irish republican is carrying the standard of the ONeills, either a green flag with a harp or the red hand of Ulster it doesnt mean hes demanding a return to the high kings and a gaelic aristocracy. Its just traditional national colours and emblems.
Tell me more about this symbolism of the peoples republic - the one that's not been proclaimed at all in in Odessa? So it's the city crest of something that doesn't exist. That's some going. It might even beat your live-tweeting of something that had happened 8 hours ago from yesterday.

Is it really a monarchist flag?
DairyQueen made the following statement that nobody seems to have contested:

That's why I'm saying the juy's out.
The fact that there are some armed people in those pictures means fuck all. Especially after yesterdays events I'd say it's vilified and fully justified. If that shit was happening in the city I lived in, I'd be armed too.

You linked to the black/white image first (OK fair enough, there was a bit of yellow in it too).:rolleyes:

The whole chain of events in Ukraine is demoralising. What do you want? Pictures of left wingers with balloons?

the flag is that of the Peoples Republic of Odessa, nothing more. Fuck all to do with monarchism, fuck all to do with the right, fuck all to do with fascism. The colours are simply Russian ones. The resident anti fascist experts, Russian haters, and sneaking regarders for the junta have been talking a complete load of old bollocks about it and what it represents.

odessa+website.jpg

and as you can see from this report the protestors at the founding of this particular peoples republic were carrying everything from Communist flags to Ukrainian ones to Israeli ones. Check out in particular the dude with the Ukrainian tracksuit.

http://grahamwphillips.com/2014/03/31/odessa-marches-march-23rd/

the flag is that of the Peoples Republic of Odessa, nothing more. Fuck all to do with monarchism, fuck all to do with the right, fuck all to do with fascism. The colours are simply Russian ones. The resident anti fascist experts, Russian haters, and sneaking regarders for the junta have been talking a complete load of old bollocks about it and what it represents.

odessa+website.jpg

and as you can see from this report the protestors at the founding of this particular peoples republic were carrying everything from Communist flags to Ukrainian ones to Israeli ones. Check out in particular the dude with the Ukrainian tracksuit.

What peoples republic is this btw?

odessa+website.jpg

According to the comments those *Communist* flags are referencing Soviet army divisions that liberated Odessa from the Nazi's, which is not quite the same thing as you are making out.

According to the comments those *Communist* flags are referencing Soviet army divisions that liberated Odessa from the Nazi's, which is not quite the same thing as you are making out.

theyre also the flags of the communist party, which quite a lot of people vote for. Indeed are carried by a number of communist parties over there.

are you suggesting the communist party and other communist groups arent playing a role in these protests ? Or that theyve left their party flags at home and decided to carry identical ones which happen to be those of the soviets instead ?

He's making shit up about a thing yonks ago about the liberation of odessa and yesterday.

He is literally lying into the face of people on this thread now. He has been for some time but the anti-fascist urge let him get away with it.

Just been looking on the russian/eastern Europe section of a well known far right site. There seem to be no shortage of people supporting Russia there, in fact there's a big thread on it

3.jpg

This guy Pavel Gubarev was involved in the first protests in Donetsk

08524866-C27B-4189-A120-3CA5C5DB1A70_mw1024_n_s.jpg

He is shown here wearing the uniform of the Russian National Unity party (around during the 90s)
iYjEXgkj_S8.jpg

160058_original.jpg

Fash marching with white power flags and the yellow/black/white flag

Appeal to the Serbs from Odesskaya Drugina:

There's this too, I don't know if anyone understands what they are saying but it was posted on a well known fascist site with most posters applauding it.

Last edited:
Being a chtetnik, well you know how it is, with so many flags at once you just end up behind and carrying a pro-monarchist far right one and accidentally joining and supporting their pro-monarchist far right politics in word and deed - it's confusing!

I've only been having a peek at them today, and it's just what I've read on their own VK pages. OD members have been involved in street fights and stand offs with the third for quite some time, haven't they?

Facing each other while among opposing crowds (with a police line between) in Odessa back in March.

A vid in support of Crimea back in March from the Kulikovo Field square (scene of the fire yesterday) camp set up by OD as a place for organising and demonstrations.

OD training at the camp (again back in March).

The man in camouflage and cap talking in the second vid is a leading member of OD, a man by the name of Dimitry Odinov. A little bit of googling suggests he has links with a racist, far-right group named Slavic Unity, which, among other things where he is mentioned (if it is indeed him), held an anti-migrant (i.e. don't want those poor, foreign coloured scum in my area) demonstration in Odessa back in 2011.

An unrelated picture of him with his SU chums in Odessa during the November 2012 'Russian March,' a big demonstration day (or not long after it) for Russian nationalists/fascists on 4 November when Unity Day is a national holiday in Russia. He's on the left wearing the brown jacket with the megaphone. By the looks of those colours, I think they were just having a party. Nothing bad. Just a bit of fun. What do you think pocketscience?

o6GOW5LlSMA.jpg

This is just me doing a bit of light googling (and not without the potential for making mistakes and wrong assumptions) but it's not looking good ...

Thanks. Finally someone with the decency to reply with researched information in a civil way (sarcasm aside)
What do I think about it? To be honest I find it utterly bizarre that that this group (albeit seeming very small) would indeed be fascists and be able to be standing side by side with anti nazis (the other banner with the strangled eagle/ swastika).
Where did you get the info that this Dimirty Odinov as being the masked person in the vid and the last pic? He seems to be the only link between this OD group and the very dodgy looking slavic unity in the last pic.

Thanks. Finally someone with the decency to reply with researched information in a civil way (sarcasm aside)
What do I think about it? To be honest I find it utterly bizarre that that this group (albeit seeming very small) would indeed be fascists and be able to be standing side by side with anti nazis (the other banner with the strangled eagle/ swastika).
Where did you get the info that this Dimirty Odinov as being the masked person in the vid and the last pic? He seems to be the only link between this OD group and the very dodgy looking slavic unity in the last pic.
They're the leading group, the one defending everyone else in the pics. Is that bizarre? Just by chance? They weren't put there as being recognised as the best fighters to represent this group? You're fucking desperate - they are open fascists. You've been applauding them. You've tried every wriggle in the book to get them off the hook. Don't. You look like a cunt defending fascists.

Anti-fascists oppose fascists. Learn that.

a fascist on a far right site said:
(Snip)
But the thing is not so bad. Firstly, Russian nationalists also take part in it, I'm not sure how many of them are here due to a lot of information in our XXI century, where it's kind of hard now to find something useful in all this crap. But I know that they exist. Secondly, communists who also take part in it paradoxally operate with nationalist ritorics too. It's kind of bad, you know, it's the same as when titoists talk about Great Serbia which was under the rule of Tito. The same is here in many ways, so there is controvercy as usual.

But, truth is not seen correctly. The man on the photo is Pavel Gubarev, the first man, who started protests against Maidan's governemnt in Donetsk

Back
Top Bottom