Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

Insincere, hypocritical, delusional from the start.

Refusal to involve Russia showed the lack of sincerity.

Righteous words about territorial integrity rang hollow given the actions of some participant countries in invading and subjugating others.

Delusional as Ukraine is on the back foot and has no plan to advance nor could it do so if it chose.

Lastly, it was an embarrassment for Zelensky. Major participants refusing to sign up to a heavily watered down statement made him look a fool.

I suspect many knew it would go badly hence sending their underlings.

The FT offered some possible, insights into the potential purpose of these conferences

1718703457213.png
1718703592608.png

kk 'chortles' about war crimes, dk repeats it then the usual suspects line up to have a pop at dk. Standard.
I wish everyone - regardless of where they stand on this war - would think twice before using the example of women's bodies being violated to make a point.

Struggling to articulate this to be honest, but this (repeated) "how would you feel if it was your wife?" kind of stuff makes me feel deeply uncomfortable, and I doubt I'm the only one.

All those hypothetical wives. How would their husbands feel? (content warning)

Daria, who fled Havronshchyna and spent a year in the relative safety of Uzhhorod on Ukraine’s western border, says free psychological counseling made available to victims of sexual violence has helped her to transform “trauma into strength.”

“I’m gradually trying to spread this information, to show that these crimes exist,” she said. “I want to be more active and more confident. Of course, it’s not easy. It’s not easy to talk about it publicly, or to talk about it at all.”

Maryna has completed training as a pastry chef and dreams of a home surrounded by flowers. She still has trouble sleeping and has also started to work with a counselor.

She is someone's wife.
She is someone's daugher.
She is someone's mother.
She is someone.

Of course this is not to say it's happening solely to women, though in war they are always the biggest target.

Same sad sack that got thrown out for being the internet hard man, making this thread actually work for a few weeks whilst your pathetic presence was banned.

Looks like Kim Jong-Un will be helping out Putin.

To the tune of shells to bomb Ukrainians with.

But if you need to give your head a little wobble, if you side with them you are surely killing people.

Don't give me the Urban doesn't matter it's small thing shit.

It matters in a small way, It hurts people in a significant way.

Just two old pals looking back on memories and making plans for the future, brought together by their shared love of murdering as many people as it takes to keep their grip on power

Putin thanked Kim for the support and said the two countries would sign an agreement to boost their partnership as both “fight against the imperialist hegemonistic policies of the U.S. and its satellites against the Russian Federation.”

...Kim was quoted vowing his country’s “full support and solidarity to the Russian government, army and people in carrying out the special military operation in Ukraine to protect sovereignty, security interests and territorial integrity.”

Back
Top Bottom