Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tory youth activists bully fellow Tory activist till he commits suicide

J Ed

Follow Back Pro Expropriation
Former Tory parliamentary hopeful at centre of Elliott Johnson bullying claims

The man at the heart of bullying allegations made by a young Tory activist who is believed to have killed himself is a former Conservative parliamentary candidate.

Mark Clarke, who lost to Labour’s Sadiq Khan in Tooting, south London, in 2010, was named by Elliott Johnson before he died.

The Conservative party confirmed it has launched a disciplinary inquiry – overseen by the party chairman, Andrew Feldman, and the chief executive, Simon Day – into complaints received by Johnson and others against a party member who has been suspended, which the Guardian understands to be Clarke.

A Tory party spokeswoman said: “The party’s own, separate disciplinary inquiry is in relation to complaints received from Mr Johnson and others against a member of the party.”

Johnson, who worked for the campaign group Conservative Way Forward (CWF) and was a member of the youth group Conservative Future, was found on railway tracks at Sandy station, in Bedfordshire, on 15 September.

It isn't nice when anyone (well almost anyone) dies, especially in such tragic circumstances as a suicide. One thing I have to think though - unless you are pig ignorant (sorry I can't stop thinking about the PM) you are well aware that this is what the Tories have been doing to disabled people for years, and they can't just stop hanging out with Tories to make the bullying stop.

Seriously?

You may not agree with someone's politics, class, or whatever.

But to dismiss a young person's suicide like that is either borderline psychopathy or nailed on cuntishness.

I reckon you wouldn't say that in front of the dead kid's mother, so I rule out the psychopath option.
Very much this.

Seriously?

You may not agree with someone's politics, class, or whatever.

But to dismiss a young person's suicide like that is either borderline psychopathy or nailed on cuntishness.

I reckon you wouldn't say that in front of the dead kid's mother, so I rule out the psychopath option.

I think in the post you quoted the pic is important, though you've omitted it from your quote. As I read Copliker's post, the callousness is being attributed to the young man with red braces and cigar (who represents Tory youth), though I suppose it is open to another reading: that the dead lad, being a Tory, was like the cigar-smoking red-braces lad.

I think in the post you quoted the pic is important, though you've omitted it from your quote. As I read Copliker's post, the callousness is being attributed to the young man with red braces and cigar (who represents Tory youth), though I suppose it is open to another reading: that the dead lad, being a Tory, was like the cigar-smoking red-braces lad.

The young man with red braces and cigar is the kid who killed himself.

I'm sure you can now understand why I didn't include the picture when I quoted the previous post.

That is a picture of the dead lad. A lad who had he lived would no doubt have gone on to do great things in a party which delights in bullying and mistreating vulnerable people, in many cases driving them to suicide with their merciless policies.

I'm not happy he's dead. More just permanently angry that people like him get to exist in the first place.

The tories are engaged in a class war. But that doesn't mean we have to do it back at them in the same way. Let's be better than that, eh?

We didn't kill him. He did himself in. Which means he's unlikely to be offended by anything posted about him on here.

That's not how life works sometimes. Bloody hell.

You could say that about anybody who kills themselves over bullying.

No you couldn't. You couldn't say that about someone whose disability payments are taken away, they have no choice but to be subjected to state harassment and bullying.

No one was going to deprive this lad of anything equivalent if he stopped spending time with a gang of posh thugs, his association with them was voluntary. It's a sad story, I would agree, but there are much sadder stories.

You could say that about anybody who kills themselves over bullying.

No you couldn't, that's just it. The many disabled and sick and mentally ill people having their lives ruined by this kid's idols cannot magically cure themselves in order to escape such mistreatment. But it is absolutely possible to simply not hang out with braying, coke-snorting pig fuckers.

No you couldn't. You couldn't say that about someone whose disability payments are taken away, they have no choice but to be subjected to state harassment and bullying.
This is true. However, being bullied by your peers, a common cause of suicide in very young people, does follow that dynamic. I've read many tales of school-age kids doing similar. Clearly he didn't feel he had choices.

Even if they're tories, I feel sorry for his parents. They will never get over this. You never do with suicides. It is a sore that does not heal. :(

Of course. In the pic the lad looks like he's self-consciously posing as a caricature of an 80s Thatcher-loving City Boy who insists greed is good. He looks almost as funny as a caricature Anarcho-Wotsit.

Last edited:
No you couldn't, that's just it. The many disabled and sick and mentally ill people having their lives ruined by this kid's idols cannot magically cure themselves in order to escape such mistreatment. But it is absolutely possible to simply not hang out with braying, coke-snorting pig fuckers.

You are as bad as the worst of them, to be honest. You should be better than this.

He chose an ideology of death but it got to him before he could do too much to help it get to others (Conservative Way forward ffs). I'd have preferred a conversion but here we are.

You really have to ask? Your response to a suicide is, basically, 'well why didn't he just pull himself together?'

Yes, you should be better than that. We all should.

I never said he should've pulled himself together. I'm aware of the meaninglessness of such platitudes in these situations.

I'm just saying, on the grand scheme of things, I don't care that he's dead. Considering the organisation he chose to support he's got no right to expect any sympathy from anyone.

Back
Top Bottom